Centralized Admission Process (CAP):
For this academic year, the Competent Authority DTE shall conduct total Three (3) or four (4) rounds of Centralized Admission. The CAP shall consist of first three (3) rounds by Centralized Allotment wherein eligible candidates will fill separate Online Option forms for respective rounds. Fourth round of CAP shall be conducted by way of counseling only for the eligible Maharashtra State candidates.
Details of purchase of Information brochure, filling up & confirmation of Online Application form, appearing for CET, filling up & confirmation of Option form for Rounds eligibility for each round of CAP, method of reporting after each round, availability of seats for each round, Reporting and such other details are given below.
CAP Round 1 One
No. of Options to be filled in: 100 options (Min. 1 and Max. 100)
No. of the option allotted for which confirming Admission is Mandatory: First Option
Note: Candidate has to confirm the admission, if he/she gets allotment of First Option. Such candidates will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round II, III irrespective of the fact that such candidate confirms the admission or not. Other candidates who have got allotment between options 2~100 may also confirm the admission if he/she wishes so however if such candidate confirms the admission, he/she will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round‐II, III.
Rules of Reporting of CAP Round I:
1. All candidates who have secured First choice allotment will not be eligible for subsequent CAP rounds irrespective of whether the candidate confirms the admission or not. Hence such candidates are advised to confirm the admission at the respective Institute as per the secured allotment in the CAP Round‐I since names of such candidates will be automatically deleted from the subsequent lists of eligible candidates for subsequent CAP rounds.
2. Candidates (other than those covered in above stated rule no. 1)
who have secured an allotment which is not first option
who are satisfied with the allotment of CAP Round‐I
who are no more interested in participating in subsequent CAP rounds may confirm the admission by reporting at the respective institute. If such candidate confirms the admission, then they will not be eligible to participate in subsequent CAP rounds. Names of such candidates will be automatically deleted from the subsequent list of eligible candidates for subsequent CAP rounds.
3. All such seats, on which the candidates have confirmed the admission on or before the last date of reporting of CAP Round‐I, shall not be available for allotment in subsequent CAP rounds.
CAP Round I/II/III: Direct allotment for All India seats
• There shall be three rounds of direct allotment of CAP for All India candidates. Refer
AnnexureI for details of eligibility for each round, procedure for applying etc.
• All such All India Seats, which may fall vacant for whatsoever reason till the start of RoundIV, shall be treated as GENERAL seats and will be made available to eligible Maharashtra State candidates of CAP roundIV.
• The direct allotment of seats will be done through computer as per inter se the merit of the candidate, options filled by the candidate and the availability of the seats at that point of time during the process of allotment.
• The best possible option is retained as final allotment. The final allotment list will be displayed on website as per the schedule.
• In case of Maharashtra State candidates, who have applied both as All India candidate (on the basis of All India CET score) and Maharashtra State candidate (on the basis of MAH‐MBA/MMS‐CET score) will have to fill in only one Application and Option form. His/her options will be considered for allotment for both the Maharashtra State seats as well as All India Seats as per inter se merit in the respective merit lists and out of those the best possible option will be allotted. If the Maharashtra State Candidate by virtue of his/her inter‐se merit of Maharashtra State as well as All India getting the allotment of particular choice code of the institute then All India seat will be allotted to such candidates.
• All the candidates will have to report for admission to the Respective Institutes as per the schedule. No personal communication in this regard will be carried out. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to see their allotment on the given website.
• Candidates securing allotment will confirm the admission by reporting at the Respective Institutes mentioned in allotment list with the identity proof, original certificates needed for admission and on payment of full fees on or before the last date specified for the same. Refer Annexure‐I for details of CAP rounds, reporting etc.
• The admission will be confirmed only after scrutiny of all original documents and payment of the entire fees as prescribed by the respective institute and also approved by the Shikshan Shulka Samiti.
• Allotment for Home University seats and State level seats will be carried out as per inter se merit of University area merit number / Maharashtra State merit number respectively of CAP Round‐I, II and III.
• Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their inter se merit, as per the options filled in the online option form and the number of seats available at that point of time in the stage of CAP Round‐ I, II and III.
• All candidates eligible for a particular stage of allotment will be considered for allotment for a seat in that stage even if they have been allotted / not allotted a seat in the previous stage.
• During the allotment of any stage, the candidate may get upward shift in the allotment with reference to the options filled by the candidate in the online option form according to availability of seats at that point of time.
• All reserved category candidates (including SBC in their original category) shall be considered for allotment (whether they are allotted any seat in earlier stage or not) in all stages.
• Due to upward shifts, the seats falling vacant shall be considered for allotment in further iterations of the same stage as per the provisions of that stage of allotment and as per inter se merit.
• Allotment against the first available option in the order of options filled in the online option form is retained as final allotment.
• The allotment will be made available on Website. The allotment displayed will show only the provisional allotment offered to the candidates.
• No personal communication /Allotment letters in this regard will be issued to the concerned candidates. The allotment displayed on the website is only for the information to the candidates and does not carry any authoritative meaning. The authorized document for the allotment will be the institute wise allotment list and which will be authenticated by the competent authority.
• The logic for the following stages will be implemented using computer software for the centralised allotment.
• The candidates securing allotment are required to confirm the admission by reporting at the institute mentioned in allotment along with the original certificates needed for admission on or before the last date specified for the same. No personal communication in this regard will be issued.
• In order to participate in the Centralized Admission Process (subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criterion of respective CAP round), it is MANDATORY to fill the Online Option Form for respective CAP Round.
• Candidates will be able to fill in the online option form through their login on website.
• It is mandatory for all candidates to confirm the online option form by him/ her.
• The candidate will not be able to change the Options once it is confirmed.
• Candidates should not disclose their Application ID & Password to others to avoid impersonation. Competent Authority shall not be responsible for submissions done by the others on behalf of the candidate. Hence candidates are instructed to keep changing the password and keep note of it.
• Every institute offering management courses has been allotted a choice code number which is given in the “Annexure ‐V” of the online information Brochure. The updated list of MBA/MMS institutes is available on the website.
• The serial number of block in the option form indicates preference of choice. Thus the choice code of the institute filled by the candidate in block No. 1 will be his/her first preference.
• Option form received through online submission only will be considered valid for further processing.
• Maximum 100 options are made available in the online option form of CAP Round‐I, II & III.
• The candidate can fill minimum 1 and maximum 100 options. The candidate has to fill the institute choice code against the option number in the online option form.
• Candidate has to confirm the submitted on‐line Option Form himself/herself by re‐entering Application ID and Password.
• The candidate can take the printout of the confirmed Option form for future reference.
• All India candidates are not eligible to participate in the CAP roundIV i.e. Admission by Counseling
Various documents needed by the candidate while attending the CAP is given in AnnexureII. Candidates are requested to read carefully the details of CAP given in these Annexure and follow instructions given therein.
Documents required at the time of verification and confirmation of “Application formfor Admission (CAP)” at ARC:
Candidates are required to carry ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS for verification and submit attested zerox, copies of the following certificates at the time of confirmation of CAP Application form at the ARC.
Candidate shall produce score card of All India CET to ARC officer to verify the identity of the
candidate, if any discrepancy found document verification shall not be carried out.
• Certificate of Indian Nationality# in the name of the Candidate
• Statement of marks of HSC and SSC
• Statement of marks for the Bachelor’s Degree Examination (i.e. the qualifying Degree examination) in case the candidate has passed the bachelor’s degree examination (Candidates who have appeared for final year degree examination have time limit up to 25th September, 2014 to
produce the same).
• Caste certificate (if applicable)
• Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate
• Non Creamy Layer certificate* valid up to 31st March 2015 (if applicable)
• Domicile certificate of candidate In case of Type‐A candidate in lieu of Domicile certificate candidates should produce Birth Certificate of candidate indicating place of birth in Maharashtra State OR School Leaving Certificate indicating place of birth of candidate in Maharashtra State
• Domicile certificate** of candidate’s father/mother (if applicable), clearly indicating the place of
permanent residence of the candidate/father or mother
• Certificates in Proforma A, B, C, D, E, F
• Receipt of payment of processing fees.
• Score Card for CMAT, CAT(conducted by IIMs)/ GMAT (conducted by GMAC, USA)/ MAT (conducted
by AIMA)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ ATMA (conducted by AIMS)
• Any other relevant document