Ever wondered how The International Yoga Day was celebrated on such a large scale in Rajpath? Did you like millions of others keep a keen eye on all the wedding preparations of Arpita Khan and Aayush Sharma? Or have you just watched and loved the celebrations on every festival conducted in your locality?
If the answer to any of the above mentioned questions was “Yes” then you need to know that in order for each of these events to be conducted smoothly, an entire team of event management professionals worked tirelessly so that every individual at the event, be it the guests/spectators, sponsors, celebrities and stakeholders, had a good experience.
Thus, in order to conduct a flawless event, many people work behind the scenes and this is the reason why event management companies are always looking for hardworking and sincere event professionals.
Event management is a multifaceted activity. Major constituents of this profile include creativity, meticulous planning, relationship management, advertising and marketing and much more, all rolled into one seamlessly choreographed process.
The very basic qualification to get into the realm of event management is to be a graduate in any discipline. However, you must possess certain traits that would help you go a long way in this industry.
Essential skills include:
- Public Relations: to manage clients, their agents and a vast gamut of professionals you would meet in the line of your profession
- Creativity: from the germ of the concept to manage an occasion to its final delivery
- Marketing skills: to sell your idea to your clients in order to make their events memorable
- Analytical ability: you must have the knack to solve all sorts of problems and even have the foresight to anticipate unforeseen issues
- Organisational skills: to carefully plan for tasks for self and for the entire team
- Networking skills: this industry thrives on the shoulders of personal networking and you must have the ability to utilise it and expand it in your favour
- Management skills: ability to manage time, stress, subordinates, clients, budgeting, risks, situations and so on
People working in such a job profile are responsible to plan each and every detail of an event which can be a wedding, conference or even a corporate party for their client. They usually create a detail plan of the event right from the theme, logistics to the budget.
People in this job profile are responsible for any event their client wants to organise. The tasks assigned to an event manager range from planning the event to paying close attention to each and every detail of the event such that the event is executed in a hassle-free manner.
The job profile of an exhibition organiser is similar to that of an event planner. The only difference is that exhibition organisers plan and execute fairs and exhibitions.
People working in such a job profile are responsible to design the stage layout which can be the podium and table on which dignitaries sit and similarly at a wedding it can be the place where the bride and groom sit. The stage decorator is also responsible for arranging and placing various props on the stage which go with the theme of the event and make the stage stand-out among other decorative corners of the venue.
People opting to work in such a portfolio need to look after every small detail related to organising a wedding. They help their client in planning the wedding functions and other details such as the guest list, guest invitations, wedding theme, menu as well as other logistics.
People working in such a job profile are responsible for managing transportation of equipment, guests and other things required for the event.