CAT 2012 based questions
1. There are 2 concentric circles. A man runs at speed 60 km/hr from point A on outer circle to B on same circle such that his run is tangent to inner circle for 50 minutes. Find radius of outer circle.
2. Which of the following is the roots of the equation 4x^3− 3x^2 + 4x – 5 =0
3. When the curves y = log10x and y = x–1 are drawn in the x-y plane, how many times do they intersect for values x ≥ 1 ?
4. More than twice
5. If f(x)=-5x ; g(x)=3x-5. Which of the following is true
6. A person starts from hill top A, goes downhill on car, then along a plain walking and finally climbs to hill top B. He takes a total of 4 hours for the jouney travelling downhill @72kmph, on plains @63kmph and uphill @56kmph. However while returning back, from B to A, he takes 4 hours 40 mins with speeds being same. Find distance AB.
7. If (BE)^2 = MPB,
where B, E, M and P are distinct integers. Then M =
CAT 2012 based question
8. What is the equation of the line that is parallel to the line 3x + 7y = 10 and passes through the point (4, 8 )
7x – 3y = 46
3x + 7y = 44
9x + 21y + 184 = 0
3x + 7y = 68
CAT 2012 questions
9. Equation of a circle is
x^2 + y^2 – 2x – 4y = 4
Where does the point (2,3) lies
a. Within the circle
b. Outside the circle
c. On the curve
d. Not clear
10. The number of solutions of the equation 2x + y = 40 where both x and y are positive integers and x ≤ y is:
(1) 7 (2) 13
(3) 14 (4) 18
Solutions for these CAT 2012 based questions…
FREE join group here: https://www.facebook.com/
Disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, storing, or facilitating transmission and storage of the contents of the CAT or any information therein in whole or part thereof in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronically or mechanically for any purpose, shall be in violation of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and/or the Copyright Act, 1957 and/or the Information Technology Act, 2000. Such actions and/or abetment thereof as aforementioned may constitute a cognizable offence punishable with imprisonment for a term up to three years and fine up to Rs. two lakhs. Candidates who want to appear for CAT have to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the time of the test.
Respecting the NDA by CAT.. None of the questions are actual in this group but based on CAT 2012 questions