A to Z of JBIMS cutoffs
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, popularly called JBIMS is one of the premier b-schools in India founded 45 years ago in Mumbai. It is considered to be unique in management education as it is firmly rooted in the local soil and capable of articulating the Indian ethos. It is ranked in the league of premier management institutes such as the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI) and Faculty Of Management Studies (FMS).
Its flagship MBA program, by name Master of Management Studies-MMS which has an intake of 120 students is considered to be one of the best courses in the country. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra takes care of the selection process. Entrance exam for JBIMS is CAT and CET.
2.Seats Allocation :
The 120 seats are divided in this way
Yes all India/ Non Maharashtra seats are less only 18 but Mumbai seats are also less only 38….
But WTF.. You need only 1 seat not 18… let remaining seats be taken by anyone.. 😉
3. Selection criteria Cutoffs
JBIMS is now all based on cutoffs in CET and other exams. See the cutoffs for JBIMS for various categories.
|Category||Rank in CET||Percentile|
|All India / Outside Maharashtra||21||99.99|
For maharashtra and mumbai students its all about CET… But for OMS / All India seats you can take CET CAT XAT CMAT MAT ATMA any of these exams.
4. Cutoff for last few years
P.S : Till last year, MH-CET was the entrance exam. It was for 200 marks and number of marks to each section was half of what it is now. JBIMS cutoffs ie 99%ile:
Year Cutoff for call (out of 200)
So this means cutoffs for JBIMS ie 99%ile will be around 125 marks in CET on an average but at CETking we say 150/200 as target score for JBIMS so that you score 99.9 and confirm your admission in jbims.
All said and done, here are a few things that you should be looking for in JBIMS.
(1) The brand name. It is 40 years old.
(2) Strong alumni base. It has a strong alumni base with prominent personalities like Chanda Kochhar, Mani Ratnam graduating from this place and it is popularly called “CEOs Factory” .
(3) ROI : The tuition fee in JBIMS is Rs.1Lakh per annum. The hostel fee is also very less when compared to other b-schools. On the other hand, JBIMS has enjoyed great placement seasons in the past. Hence, its ROI stands as one of the assets to it.
(4) Place advantage : It is strategically located in Mumbai, the industrial capital of India. So, one can expect a plethora of industry opportunities and interactions.
(5) Last but not the least, JBIMS is equipped with great infrastructure and experienced faculty.
So, put your CAT worries aside, open your CET books and start preparing for CET. JBIMS is calling you.