All you want to know about CET 2014 Vs CMAT 2014
MBA MH CET 2014 is back!
The Directorate of Technical Education DTE, Maharashtra might be planning to conduct Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MBA MH-CET 2014) for admission in MBA colleges in the state from 2014. The exam score will accepted by around 80 recognized management institutes in Maharashtra. Candidate must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized College/ University with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category). Exam Dates MBA MH-CET 2014 Dates:- MBA MH-CET exam is held once in a year in the month of February/ March.
Mostly Feb 22nd 2014 or March 8th 2014.
Speed in answering questions is most important. Practice daily by preparing a proper study timetable. Go thoroughly through the pattern paper and collect the study material for the same. Candidate applying for this exam have to attempt 200 questions for which they are allotted 150 minutes.
The topics covering in this exam are:
• Reading comprehension 15 questions
• Verbal ability 35 questions
• Quantitative analysis 20 questions
• Data interpretation 25 questions
• Data sufficiency 5 questions
• Verbal reasoning 20 questions
• Non verbal reasoning 25 questions
• Analytical reasoning 50 questions
Each question carries 1 mark and no negative marking for incorrect answer.
CET 2014 the new ball game…. What is difference between MBA Mh CET & CMAT
1. Negative marking Biggest change and surprising factor for students preparing for CMAT is the negative marking. Now scoring good marks for colleges esp. like Jamnalal Bajaj will be little bit more balancing as one have to not only attempt more but also balance the accuracy. But CET 2014 on the other hand is guilt free pass to attempt as many as u can.. as it wwill not have any negative marking.
2. GK CMAT: General Knowledge is most undervalued subject in MBA entrance. Most of the students spend 60% time on Quant while totally ignoring GK. This time GK is more important than any other topic including Quant, RC, DI and Puzzles. Start preparing for GK from today before it’s too late.
3. All India level Most of the students were feeling apprehensive about CMAT being all India level. While CET 2014 will be state level exam which other students can also take. Maharashtra based students need not worry about CET or CMAT as its not going affect their chances for the Mumbai based colleges. 70% seats are reserved for Mumbai students so need not worry.
4. More Quant CET will contain only 20 marks of quant out of 200 marks paper ie only 10% of the paper. But CMAT contains 22 questions outta 100 ie 22% of the paper is going to be quant. Therefore, students have to be more wary of quant section esp for the non-engineering students in CMAT while CET is more neutral exam.
5. Less of reasoning CET 2014 contains almost 50% logical reasoning ie 100 marks of reasoning based questions outta 200 marks, which was the main advantage for Non Engineering students. But in CMAT only 25% marks is allocated for logical reasoning.
6. Visual reasoning 25 questions Biggest setback for students will be Visual & Verbal reasoning which had been a nightmare for most of the students. It was party time for Cetking students as we are expert in the area so will ensure 100% marks in that. However CMAT contains no visual reasoning.
7. Reading Comprehension RC CMAT RC is the biggest surprise as there was no RC! I mean is no traditional long RCs but short paragraph based RCs. However in CET 2014 you can expect conventional RCs 10 – 15 questions.
8. Online format Biggest difficult faced by students in CMAT is the online format. It’s quite easy to solve a test on paper but online is a different ball game. Students face problem especially in Quant and verbal section. CET 2014 will have upper hand in this regard
9. Verbal Reasoning 20 questions Verbal reasoning which had been a next nightmare for most of the students esp with courses of action, assumptions conclusions. It was second good news for Cetking students as we are expert in the area so will ensure good accuracy in the area. However CMAT contains no verbal reasoning
10. Colleges accepting CMAT score CMAT is still far away from being only management entrance exam. But still there is lots of confusion which B-schools will be taking CMAT scores. Example SPJain should be taking CAT and CMAT scores this year however it’s not clear yet. Only state level B-schools has confirmed their commitment towards the CMAT exam. CET on the other hand will still remain focus on Maharashtra based colleges.