CMAT GK test 6 – CMATking
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
1. With which company did British Airways seal the contracts for Trent 900 engines to power a dozen Airbus A380s?
a. General Motors b. BMW c. Rolls-Royce d. Mercedes
2. Avinash Vashishtha, a veteran outsourcing professional has joined which ﬁrm as its Cahirman and Country Managing Director?
a. IBM b. Accenture India c. HP d. HCL India
3. Goldman Sachs would be selling its 44.7 percent stake worth … to Accordia Golf, a Japanese Golf Course Operator.
a. $446 million b. $546 million c. $556 million d. $656 million
4. On what amount were the prices of onion, beer and petrol registered on par in January 2011?
a. `50 b. `55 c. `60 d. `65
5. What was the peak Customs duty rate for the year 2010?
a. 4% b. 6% c. 8% d. 10%
6. Identify from the following, the mastermind behind Gurgaon’s multi-crore Citibank scam.
a. Sanjeev Aggarwal b. Shivraj Puri c. Vikram Pandit d. Pramit Jhaveri
7. Kotak Realty Funds Group recently sold a 20-acre residential plot near Old Mahabalipuram
Road, Chennai for `130 crore to which housing company?
a. Adarsh b. Homex c. Purvankara d. Prestige
8. Name the person who took over as the fourth deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India recently.
a. S. Venkitaramanan b. Amitav Ghosh c. Anand Sinha d. Rakesh Malhotra
9. Omnitech Infosolutions acquired Avensus Netherland BV for an amount of …
a. $5 million b. $6 million c. $8 million d. $9 million
10. Toyota Kirloskar Motors recently launched its ﬁ rst offering in the C-segment cars in India, namely, …
a. Veyron b. Impala c. Etios d. Vento
11. How many oil and gas blocks have been offered for exploration by India recently in the
ninth round of New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP)?
a. 34 b. 44 c. 54 d. 59
12. HCL Infosystems has decided to sell the entire stake of which of its subsidiaries to Tikona
a. HCL Axon b. HCL Inﬁ net c. HCL Peripherals d. HCL Security
13. India saw a sharp rise in inﬂation at … during the last week of December 2010.
a. 12% b. 15% c. 18% d. 21%
14. Tata housing has signed an agreement with the Gujarat to invest … for developing a township in Ahmedabad on a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
a. `1,000 crore b. `1,200 crore c. `1,600 crore d. `1,700 crore
15. What amount did the Indian government dole out to make up for more than half the revenue loss of state retailers for selling auto and cooking fuel below cost?
a. `20,000 crore b. `22,000 crore c. `24,000 crore d. `26,000 crore
16. After the cabinet rejig, who will be handling the oil ministry?
a. Mani Shankar Aiyar b. Jaipal Reddy c. Murli Deora d. V. M. Katoch
17. After the cabinet rejig, who will be handling the urban development ministry?
a. Dinsha Patel b. A. K. Antony c. Kamal Nath d. Suresh Kalmadi
18. Sir Sorabji Pochkhanawala founded …
a. United Bank of India b. Central Bank of India c. Reserve Bank of India d. State Bank of India
19. Identify the amphibian plane service started by the Indian Government to promote tourism in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
a. Jalhans b. Jalvayu c. A&N services d. None of the above
20. Mobile number portability that allows users to keep their phone numbers unchanged in spite of switching operators was rolled out by Pan-India on …
a. December 20, 2010 b. December 25, 2010 c. January 9, 2011 d. January 20, 2011
21. A levy introduced by France popularly known as ‘Google tax’ is … tax on online advertising.
a. 2% b. 1.5% c. 1% d. 0.5%
22. IndiGo airlines, who is about to complete its ﬁ ve years of domestic operations in the
country is will be launching its international in …
a. Februray 2011 b. August 2011 c. September 2011 d. November 2011
23. Who was named the TIME person of the year 2010?
a. Orkut Buyukkokten b. Jerry Yang c. Mark Zuckerberg d. Jimmy Wales
24. What amount did Essar Energy Plc raise recently by issuing convertible bonds to fund
acquisitions, projects and reﬁ nance debt?
a. $500 million b. $550 million c. $620 million d. $640 million
25. Name the brand ambassador of Hublot watches from among the following.
a. Veronica Varekova b. Bernie Ecclestone c. Usain Bolt d. Bode Miller
26. The DTH industry in India is worth …
a. `2,000 crore b. `2,300 crore c. `3,700 crore d. `4,000 crore
27. With which of the following countries does India share least or nominal trade relations?
a. Monaco b. Nauru c. Uganda d. Grenada
28. The total inﬂ ow of FDI recorded by China in 2010 is …
a. $104.74 billion b. $105.74 billion c. $106.74 billion d. $107.74 billion
29. Debenture-Holders of a company are its …
a. Creditors b. Shareholders c. Debtors d. Workers
30. Pearson increased its stake in Indian Education ﬁ rm, TutorVista to 76%, which is worth …
a. $100 million b. $117 million c. $125 million d. $134 million
31. When the demand of a commodity remains constant even after a big change in its price, the demand is known as …
a. Inelastic b. Elastic c. Unstable d. None of the above
32. Which among the following is India’s oldest stock joint bank?
a. Axis Bank b. HDFC Bank c. Bank of Maharashtra d. Allahabad Bank
33. Sodexho, the food and facilities management service company, belongs to which country?
a. Spain b. France c. Germany d. Italy
34. The nationalisation of SBI subsidiaries took place in which year?
a. 1944 b. 1951 c. 1959 d. 1962
35. In which year was the Market Access Initiative (MAI) launched?
a. 2000 b. 2001 c. 2002 d. 2003
36. Audi launched its powerful sedan, Audi R8 5.2 FSI with V10 engine priced at …, sold as
a completely built unit in the Indian car market.
a. `1.00 crore b. `1.14 crore c. `1.35 crore d. `1.88 crore
37. China is supposed to have incurred a debt of … to battle the impact of the global ﬁ nancial
crisis that started in 2008.
a. $1.5 trillion b. $1.7 trillion c. $2.1 trillion d. $2.6 trillion
38. How many jobs did Brazil create in the year 2010?
a. 1 million b. 2 million c. 2.52 million d. 2.93 million
39. Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) outbid HCL Technologies recently to win a contract worth … from steelmaker ArcelorMittal
a. $300 million b. $450 million c. $600 million d. $670 million
40. Air India gave ICICI bank the mandate to reﬁnance loans to purchase 21 Airbus A320
aircrafts worth …
a. `55 billion b. `60 billion c. `63 billion d. `69 billion
41. How many US patents did IBM receive in 2010, making it the world’s most inventive company for the 18th consecutive year?
a. 2,658 b. 3,094 c. 4,551 d. 5,896
42. Coal India Ltd will operationalise a new underground mine estimated to have a coal reserve
of how many million tonnes in Jharkhand?
a. 14 b. 20 c. 23 d. 31
43. Gujarat was endorsed as India’s premier investment destination during the Vibrant Gujarat
Global Summit 2011. What was the record-breaking amount invested within one hour on the
ﬁ rst day of the event?
a. `2,00,000 crore b. `2,50,000 crore c. `2,60,000 crore d. None of the above
44. China’s economy grew by what percent in 2010?
a. 10% b. 11% c. 11.5% d. 12.1%
45. Mayawati unveiled over 600 projects worth how much on her 55th birthday recently, describing this act as “historic”?
a. `2,000 crore b. `3,000 crore c. `4,000 crore d. `5,000 crore
46. Which of the following companies invested $500 million to acquire 1% stake in Facebook?
a. Google and Apple b. Goldman Sachs and a Russian investor c. Steve Jobs and Warren
Buffett d. None of the above
47. Indian drug ﬁrm Glenmark will pay … in damages to US ﬁ rm Abbott Laboratories as
it lost the patent case over hypertension drug Tarka.
a. $10 million b. $12 million c. $15 million d. $16 million
48. Which country became the 17th member of the eurozone on January 1, 2011?
a. Estonia b. Russia c. Turkey d. Latvia
49. Citibank was recently hit by a fraud worth … at its Gurgaon (Haryana) branch.
a. `300 crore b. `400 crore c. `500 crore d. `600 crore
50. Which of the following has agreed to sponsor the England football team for 3.5 years starting this year?
a. Vaux Hall b. Foxy Bingo c. Cash4Gold d. BET365
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
1. c. Rolls-Royce
2. b. Accenture India
3. a. $446 million
4. d. `65
5. d. 10%
6. b. Shivraj Puri
7. b. Homex
8. c. Anand Sinha
9. d. $9 million
10. c. Etios
11. a. 34
12. b. HCL Inﬁ net
13. c. 18%
14. a. `1,000 crore
15. d. `26,000 crore
16. b. Jaipal Reddy
17. c. Kamal Nath
18. b. Central Bank of India
19. a. Jalhans
20. d. January 20, 2011
21. c. 1% tax
22. b. August 2011
23. c. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook
24. a. $500 million
25. b. Bernie Ecclestone
26. d. `4,000 crore
27. c. Uganda
28. b. $105.74 billion
29. a. Creditors
30. c. $125 million
31. a. Inelastic
32. d. Allahabad Bank
33. b. France
34. c. 1959
35. d. 2003
36. c. `1.35 crore
37. a. $1.5 trillion
38. c. 2.52 million
39. c. $600 million
40. a. `55 billion
41. d. 5,896
42. b. 20
43. b. `2,50,000 crore
44. a. 10%
45. c. `4,000 crore
46. b. Goldman Sachs and a Russian investor
47. d. $16 million
48. a. Estonia
49. b. `400 crore
50. a. Vaux Hall
CMAT GK test 6 – CMATking