FAQ on PG program
On PGDBM Courses for the academic year 2012-14
1. Is PGDBM Course is Approved by AICTE ?
Yes. PGDBM Programme is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
2. What is the duration of the course ?
Course is of Two Years. There are total four semesters.
3. How many Seats are available for each course ?
There are total 120 seats for this programme.
In that 90 seats are available for candidates who want to do specialization in Marketing or Finance and 30 Seats is
available for candidates who want to do specialization in Human Resource Management.
4. What if I am not decided my specialization?
Candidate have to decide his specialization. Candidate can apply for ‘Marketing or Finance Specialization’ and ‘HR
Specialization’ by purchasing two separate forms.
5. Do you have any Management Quota ?
Institute don’t have any management Quota. NO ENQURIES WOULD BE ENTERTAINED REGARDING MANAGEMENT
6. What is the Eligibility Criteria for these courses ?
A candidates must have passed a Three Years Bachelor’s degree examination in any faculty of Mumbai University or an
examination recognized by Mumbai University as equivalent threto.
And candidate must have appeared for Maharashtra CET – Feb 2012 or CAT Test of Nov 2011 or CMAT 2012.
7. IS THERE ANY CUT-OFF ?
There is no cutt-off.
8. How can I apply for these course ?
MUMBAI CANDIDATES: Candidate can collect the Admission Form personally from the Institutes Admission Office by
paying Rs. 1500/- in Cash.
OUTSIDE MUMBAI CANDIDATES : They can download 2 pages admission form and 1 page covering letter from the
website. And send with DD of Rs. 1500/- in favour of ‘N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Reserach’
payable at Mumbai. Admission KIT will be sent to them on given address within 15 working days.
9. What are the timing of these courses?
Course lectures timing is 9.30 to 6.00pm.
10. How many Semesters are there ?
There are total 4 semesters in 2 years.
11. What are the timings to collect the form ? What is the form fee ?
Admission forms are available in Admission office of the institute from Monday to Saturday from 10.00 am to 5.30 pm.
Form fees is Rs. 1500/- which is non refundable. Form fees is payable by CASH and Demand Draft only. Demand Draft
should be in favour of ‘N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research’ payable at Mumbai of Rs. 1500/-
12. What is the last date of form submission ?
You can submit forms till 31 st
March 2012 till 5.00pm. You are not allow to submit the
form after that. If you fail to submit the same till given date you are disqualify as per the
13. What is the admission procedure?
Total 100 marks. Details is as follows
1. 30 Marks for Mh-CET or CAT Score (We will convert your percentile into 30 marks as per our Admission Criteria)
2. 15 Marks is for your Past Academic record.
3. 25 Marks is for the performance of Personal Interview conducted by the institute.
4. 15 Marks is for the performance of Group Discussion conducted by the institute.
5. 05 Marks is for the performance of Essay Writing conducted by the institute.
6. 05 Marks is for you Work Experience if any.
7. 05 Marks is for your extra curricular activities. It must be dist district or state level etc.
14. When is the Group Discussion and Personal Interview ?
The GD-PI will be in the month of June. This dates will be given to you when you purchase the form. Those who apply
through Demand Draft/ by post the GD-PI Dates will be inform to them by post.
15. Can we change the GD-PI Date ?
No. GD-PI Dates are not changeable.
(If it is clashing with your Final Year Graduation Exam then only contact to Admission Chairman. No other personal
reason is valid)
16. What is the dress code for Personal Interview ?
Dress code is formal. No Tshirts allowed. For Girls sleeveless is not allowed.
17. What Original documents I required during personal interview ?
Following documents are required during Personal Interview.
1. Written Test Score Card (Mh-CET and CAT)
2. SSC Marksheet
3. HSC Marksheet
4. Last Year Graduation Marksheet
5. Convocation Degree and Passing Certificate
6. Work Experience Certificate if any
7. Extra Curricular Activities if any (State level, National level etc)
18. When is the result of these courses ?
The result of PGDBM is within 8 days from the last date of GD-PI which will be available on the institute notice board. It
will be available on the website also.
19. What photocopies are required to submit with the form ?
Please don’t send any photocopies with the form. All Original Documents will be verified during GD-PI Processs.
20. What is the fees of the courses ?
The fees for PGDBM course is decided by Shikshan Shulk Samiti. For fees details please call to accounts department on
022-28454949 / 9920555333.
21. What is the course content of these course ?
Course content is available on the website in admission section.
22. Do you have Hostel Facility ?
Hostel facilities is available only for OUTSTATION Candidates. Deposit of Rs. 20,000/- Refundable. And Monthly rent is Rs.
2000/- approx – excluding mess charges.
23. What is the placement Record of last batch ?
Highest Salary –10.15 Lakhs pa
Average Salary – 5 Lakhs pa
Minimum Salary – 4 Lakhs pa
24. Who is the contact person for more details ?
Mr. Nilesh 9920555333
Mr. Challenge 9920424541
Mr. Sachin and Nitin 022-28454949
(between 10.00 to 5.30pm for the same)