Do’s & Don’ts before & on the exam
Candidates should have clear idea of following topics:
- Reading Comprehension, Verbal reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4-5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence Completion, Sentence Correction, Odd man out, Idioms, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, Mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditional & Multiple Usage, Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verbs.
- Critical Reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumptions-Premise-Conclusion,, Assertion & reasons, Statements & assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying valid inferences, identifying strong & weak arguments, Statement & Conclusions, Cause & Effect, Identifying Probably true/ false, definitely true/false, Linear/ Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family Tree Problem, Symbol based problems, Coding & decoding, Sequencing, Identifying next number series etc.
- Geometry, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Inequations quadratic & linear equations algebra, profit & loss, Averages, Partnership, Time-speed-distance, Work & time, Number system, HCF-LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic Progression, Geometric mean, Arithmetic mean, Median, Mode, Number based system, BODMAS, Mensuration , Mixtures & Alligations, Pipes & Cisterns, SI & CI, Set theory, Venn diagram, Probability, PnC, Logarithm, Surds & Indices.
& General Awareness….
Whatever I am going to write today are very basic things, but I have seen that most of the students forget one thing or other. Hence I thought writing these things here. I would suggest that make a list of all such things so that you don’t forget anything on the day of exam.
1.Don’t Forget Your Wrist Watch:
Nowadays, most of us have left the habit of wearing a wrist watch because of mobile phones. But this thing is not going to work in a competition exam like IIFT.
2. Keep a Water Bottle With You:
This is one of the very important things. If you are in exam and you are thirsty, then your mind will be distracted. I would suggest that don’t take much water at a time. Just take small sips of water whenever you feel thirsty. Don’t think that you will purchase the water bottle from some shop near to your exam center. You might end up in some exam center where there is no shop near by.
3.Keep Pencil, Eraser and Sharpener
Most of you might be thinking that you have to mark the IIFT sheet using a ball pen, so you don’t need to keep these things. My suggestion is that fill the sheet using ball pen, but solve the questions only using pencil. The space given in the exam paper is not much, so you can’t afford to do a long calculation again if you make some mistake. In another case, suppose if you draw a wrong diagram using ball pen, then you will have to draw it again, but with pencil, you can correct it easily.
4. Say No to Heavy Breakfast
Don’t take heavy breakfast, otherwise you will feel sleepy in the exam. Better take light breakfast and fruits. Also keep some packets of biscuits.
5. Wear Comfortable Clothes
This is the thing most of us usually don’t care, but it’s very important. You should be able to sit comfortably in the exam otherwise your mind will be distracted. Hence say no to tight jeans for one day.
6. Keep a Clip Board With You
I hope you understood why you need this. It will be needed if the furniture in the classroom is not good. So it’s better to be on the safe side.
7. Reach the Exam Center Before Time
Reach at least one hour before time. You will find a very long queue at exam center. So for peace of mind, it’s necessary that you reach before time. I would also suggest that if you are thinking to use your own vehicle to reach the exam center, then keep some backup plan to avoid situations like bike puncture. Better come with some family member.
8. Don’t Study Anything the Day Before Exam
Since you have already spent so much time in studying, you need this one day break so that your mind can fit things in it properly. Try to take rest as much as possible which will relax your mind and you will be able to solve more difficult problems in the exam.
9. Use the Given Answer Choices to Find the Correct Answer
In few questions, you will find that it’s difficult to solve the question and get the answer. For example in case of Family Tree, it’s difficult to find the equation from the relation given. But if you know the answer choices, you can verify which equation satisfies the relation. You can try this technique to solve some of the problems.
10. Pick Some Random Question, if You Are Not Able to Solve the Questions
Sometimes it happens that you are not able to solve many questions continuously. If you stuck at this kind of situation, you will start loosing your confidence and your speed will slow down. In that case I would suggest that pick some random question and try to start solving from that question. Sometimes it’s good to start the question paper from last, because you might find easy questions in last and difficult questions in starting.
ALL THE BEST!!!