How I prepared for SNAP
SNAP(Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) is an Management Entrance Test for Symbiosis institute located at Pune, Noida, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Nashik. After CAT, it is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India. Just the difference between them is General awareness section, SNAP consist of GK questions, which plays a key role in final score. Apart from that, Level of difficulty of SNAP is less than CAT.
- Refer proper book standards for comprehensive preparation of SNAP.
- Every aspirant must strive to score well at the MOCKS in order to obtain the qualifying marks in order to appear for the GD PI.
- Practise solving a lot of previous years’ sample and mock papers of SNAP to get a fair idea of the test pattern. This will help in devising strategies for successfully attempting the SNAP paper. Try solving mock papers within the assigned time to improve speed.
- Maintain a study schedule and update it regularly with tasks accomplished and those that are yet to be attempted.Since numerical based questions are asked in the paper so it is best to understand the core concepts rather that learning by mugging.
- Since numerical based questions are asked in the paper so it is best to understand the core concepts rather that learning by mugging.
- Focus on magazines like News Digest, Week etc. and newspapers for sample questions and current affairs topics. The paper contains questions on latest innovations and development in the field of science and technology, entertainment, current affairs etc. So, students must read more about them.
- Since there is negative marking for wrong answers, students must avoid guesswork to arrive at an answer.
- There is no escape from hard work; the more you study the more confident you become. Thus an honest effort will take you closer to realizing your dream of clearing SNAP.
Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The SNAP exam always had a heavy emphasis on Arithmetic questions. It covers topics like:
- Time and Work
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Profit & Loss.
As far as Geometry is concerned, Mensuration has been a fairly regular part of the exam.
Data Sufficiency has been present in SNAP on a fluctuating basis. In general, the Data Interpretation questions asked in SNAP are fairly easy, and are not as complex as the ones asked in XAT/ CAT or as calculation intensive as the ones asked in the IIFT test. An attempt of 24-28 questions within 40 minutes should land you in the safe zone. Scores required for top institutes in these section 40 marks.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning:-
This section features questions from diverse areas. The popular areas from which questions are asked are: critical reasoning, deductive logic, analogies, logical reasoning sets, series, visual reasoning, arrangement, blood relations and puzzles.
In the SNAP Analytical and Logical Reasoning section, one should target an attempt of 20+ questions within 40 minutes. Scores required for top institutes in these section 31-35 marks.
Questions are usually asked on business, economy, banking commerce & current affairs. However this time questions on history proved to be very tedious for most of the test takers.
Thus GK sections have very low cut-offs. Guessing randomly is not suggested. Manorama book can be helpful for empowering GK.
An attempt of 15-20 questions within 10 minutes should be targeted.
All the best!!
–These article is written as per tips given by Aparna, who has secured 99.9ile in SNAP, student of Cetking thane branch.