GMAT is an abbreviation for “Graduate Management Admissions Test”. The GMAT is conducted by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC). Along with undergraduate performance and academic work GMAT score works as a key for the selection procedure of the applicant
Students those who are interested in MBA pursue GMAT exams.These days, there are a few management programs that also accept the GRE scores as selection criteria. It is recommended to check your dream B-schools on their GMAT requirements.
Almost all MBA programs and schools worldwide will ask for a GMAT score.
The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a 3-1/2 hour multiple choice question exams whose score allows colleges to select their applicants according to their cutoffsand applicants educational background.
GMAT 2016 Notification/ Important Dates:
- There is no as such set date for the GMAT exams.
- Aspirants can give GMAT exams throughout the year.
- So students those are interested can select their own date and time for taking the exam by registering in the Official Website: http://www.mba.com/india
- There should be a minimum of 31 days gap between two consecutive GMAT exams.
GMAT 2016 Conducting Body
GMAT 2016 is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Committee
Address –GMAC India Office*
Phone: 91 120 4397830
Courses you can apply for:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Management Studies (MMS),
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Management (PGDM).
Paper Pattern for GMAT exams
The GMAT exam is a computer generated test, for the duration of 3 and1/2 hours, if the candidate answers first question correctly, one can expect the next question even more difficult one than the first and if the first question is answered incorrect then expect an easier one.
|Sr No:||GMAT Topics||No. of Questions||Question Type||Time Limit|
|1||Integrated Reasoning||12 Questions||Reasoning, graph interpretation, table analysis type question||30 Minutes|
|2||Quantitative||37 Questions||Data Sufficiency
|3||Verbal||41 Questions||Reading Comprehension
|4||Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of Argument||30 Minutes|
|Total Time||3hr, 30min|
The GMAT syllabus consists of followingfoursections:
Integrated Reasoning and Logic Section in GMAT
In this section reasoning abilities and analytical abilities of candidates is tested .This section includes:
- Table Interpretation
- Graphics Interpretation
- Two-Part Analysis check
Quantitative Section Syllabus in GMAT
This section is based purely on mathematical ability of the candidate. The questions in this section are generally asked from
- Clock and Calendar
- Data Sufficiency
- Permutation and Combination
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Mixture and Allegations
- Banker’s Discount
- Stocks and Shares
Verbal Section in GMAT Syllabus
The verbal section measures the ability of a candidate to read and comprehend the written material like passages, sentences and grammar. The questions that are asked in the verbal section are from the following areas.
- Reading comprehension
- Detect Analogies
- Ordering Of Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence correction
Analytical Writing Assessment Syllabus in GMAT exam
The analytical writing assessment (AWA) measures your writing skills. Here you have to provide a writing assessment and analysis of an argument provided. The applicants have a time limit of 30 min to complete the task.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria:
- The eligibility criteria for the GMAT Applicants is not yet declared officially by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)
- But the Applicants must have the following qualification to take admission in the MBA program of any university.
- Applicant must have completed graduation from a recognized or accredited board or university.
- Applicant must be fluent in English Language any other foreign language is an addition.
- The Applicants must be 18 or above 18 years of age.
Eligibility criteria may vary from school to school in plus or subtraction. Therefore, it is always advised to go through your prioritized schools page for more information.
Registration for GMAT :
Interested applicants will get the information bulletin with the help of official website.
There is three ways for GMAT registrations are:
- Through Online:
- To confirm registration online, applicants should visit the official website and login as a registered user.
- Official Website: http://www.mba.com/india.
- Application fee can be paid through credit card or debit card.
- Also fee can be paid through cashier’s check/personal check or money order in case of mailed forms.
- Application fee amounts 250 USD which is 16194.36Indian Rupee.
- Through Phone:
- Applicant who wish to schedule their appointment via phone calls can use the following numbers:
- Phone: +91- 120 439 7830, From 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time (IST).
- Through Mail or Fax:
- Please check your application once before sending
- Complete and check your application once and set your schedule and send it to the following address:
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box 581907
Minneapolis, MN 55458-1907
Fax: +603 8319 1092
Use the fax number for Customer Service listed above if you wish to fax your form.
How to study for GMAT Exam:
- Understand the format of EXAM.
- Practicing sample and previous question papers.
- Review at least one section at a time.
Will help you achieve your best GMAT score and arrive fully prepared on the day of your exam.
To study for GMAT exam be sure to Download Free GMATPrep® Software, this is free for registered users of mba.com. This will help you to focus on areas required to score high in exams.
This will help you to know your weak areas to concentrate.The GMAT Prep Timeline provides a step-by-step procedure to your study schedule, and includes links to tips, products, and advice for improving your weak areas and enhancing your strengths.
Few of the links and resources to study for GMAT are as follows:
GMAT ACCEPTING SCHOOLS IN INDIA
- ISB, Hyderabad & Mohali
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- IIM, Ahmedabad
- School of Management, NMIMS, Mumbai
- IIM, Bangalore
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- IIM, Calcutta
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- IIM, Lucknow
- IMT, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur & Dubai
- IIM, Indore
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad & Mumbai
- IIM, Kozhikode
- MDI, Gurgaon
- FMS, Delhi
- TAPMI, Manipal
- Dept. of Management, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan
- XIM, Bhubaneswar
- IIFT, Delhi & Kolkata
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- K.J.Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship – Shiv Nadar, Mumbai University, Greater Noida
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- TISS, Mumbai
- IMI, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar & Kolkata
- Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- School of Business, Alliance University, Bangalore
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
- Amity Business School, Noida
- Europe Asia School of Business, Pune
- IIT-DMS, Delhi, Kanpur, Bombay, Madras, Roorkee&Kharagpur
- ISBF, Delhi
- IIM, Ranchi
- School of Management – SRM University, Chennai
- IIM, Rohtak
- National Institute of Securities Markets, Mumbai
- IIM, Shillong
- FLAME, Pune
- IIM, Tiruchirappalli
- Mysore Royal Academy, MYRA School of Business, Mysore
- IIM, Udaipur
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
- IIM, Raipur
- Harihar& Pune
- IFMR, Chennai
- NIFT, Delhi
- NIT, Surathkal
- Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad
- ApeejayStya University, School of Management Sciences, Noida
- School of Business Studies, Sharda University, Noida
- IILM Institute of Higher Education, New Delhi
- Seshadripuram Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Asia Graduate School of Business, Hyderabad
- Amrita School of Business, Amrita ViswaVidyapeetham, Amritapuri
- BIMS, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Kochi & Coimbatore
- IISWBM, Kolkata
- IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida
- ITM, Mumbai
- Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Hyderabad
- Jindal Global Business School, O.P Jindal University, Sonipat
- NIIT, Neemrana (ICICI Business Leadership Program)
- Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi
- Acharya School of Management, Bangalore
- School of Telecom Management, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- AIMS School of Business, BangaloreAdministrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad
- SOIL, Gurgaon
- Aegis School of Business and Telecommunication, Navi Mumbai
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Amity Institute of Telecom Technology and Management, New Delhi
- Apex Institute of Management, Pune
- TERI School of advanced Sciences, TERI University, Delhi, Pune
- Asian School of Business Management (ASBM), Bhubaneswar
- Bangalore, Mumbai & Guwahati
- B I I M, Bangalore
- College of Commerce, Shivaji University, Pune
- Centre for Management, Mumbai
- International School of Management Excellence, Bangalore
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gujarat
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- G L Bajaj Institute of Management and Research, Greater Nodia
- International School of Telecom Technology and Management, Hyderabad
- Galgotias Business School, Uttar Pradesh, Greater Nodia
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore
- IIBM School of Business, Allahabad
- Institute of Management, JK Lakshmipat University Jaipur
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Mgmt., Kolkata
- JRE School of Management, Greater Noida
- Indian School of Business, Indore
- School of Management, International Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- IBA, Bangalore
- Seshadripuram Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Lotus Business School, Pune
- College of Commerce and Management, Pune
- Faculty of Management, Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Jamnagar
- School of Management, Udaipur
- Spicer Memorial College, Secundrabad
- National Management School, Chennai
- National Schools of Business and Management Private Limited, Chennai
- Praxis Business School, Kolkata
- Pune Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Vanguard Business School, Bangalore
- Sadhana Centre for Management & Leadership Development, Pune
- Delhi School of Business, Delhi
- Sunstone Business School, Noida
- SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore
- School of Economics, Pune
- TASMAC, Pune
- MISB Bocconi – Bocconi India, Mumbai
For the most recent information, please visit the website of the university/institution.
GMAT Cut Off 2016, College Wise:
Download GMAT Cut Off 2016:
- Open the B-School official website who’s Cut Off you want to see.
- Navigate the GMAT 2016 section.
- Click to enter in it.
- Find out the “Cut Off” link and hit to open.
- A PDF file will be open on a new tab.
- Get the hard copy of it for further use.
How to Access Official Score Report for GMAT:
After you finish your test, a unique link will emailed to you when your GMAT scores become reportable. This email can be expected within 20 days of testing. This email will contain a link with instructions to access Official Score Report online. You may then view, download, or print your Official Score Report.
Coaching Classes for GMAT
There are many coaching classes for GMAT in India. Always ask for demo lecture, past year results and faculty at that branch office. Cetking has launched dedicated GMAT 2016 coaching classes in Mumbai and online. Cetking’s intensive program has helped many students gain entry into Top B Schools over the last few years. Exhaustive material (5000 questions plus) along with one of the most experienced faculty makes Cetking one of the favorite coaching classes for GMATin Mumbai. Cetking records every lecture for students for review at home.
Attend a demo lecture GMAT: http://www.cetking.com/gmat/free-material/kickoff-workshop/
Mocks series for GMAT
Students who are serious about their GMAT preparation should be taking at least 20 mocks before they sit for the actual GMAT 2016 paper. Increase your score by up to 20 marks with Cetking mock series. Along with the mocks Cetking provides mock strategies which are good enough to help you increase your score in GMAT 2016.
See mock programs offered by Cetking here…Courses.cetking.com
Shortcuts for GMAT
GMAT exam is speed game not like college exam where we have to solve only 6 questions in 3 hours. Speed is the key factor for GMAT 2016. Students can join Cetking shortcut workshops for all areas of GMAT. Quant Verbal Logic and Data Interpretation. Cetking’s intensive workshops are designed to increase score by up to 40 marks in GMAT.
See demo shortcut videos by Cetking here. http://www.cetking.com/demo-videos/
Study material for GMAT 2016
Study Material creates a big impact on your preparation for GMAT. Most of the topics in GMAT Syllabus are general Math& English topics but require a different approach of preparation for GMAT. Students commit general mistake of spending too much time solving basic level questions which are never asked in GMAT. Cetking has divided GMATprep into 3 phases Orange phase (basics) followed by Green books (GMATlevel) and Blue books for non GMAT exams. Which is more than sufficient? You can buy Cetking books online on courses.cetking.com