Tips from CMAT topper itself
Paper break out:-
|Sr.no||Section Name||No.of questions||Marks per section|
|2||Verbal Ability/ Language comprehension||25||100|
|3||Numerical ability + Data Interpretation||25||100|
- Start with preparation and finishing the study material. It is best to study one subject and keep switching subjects every day. This is not a hard and fast rule but would still be better to help you keep in touch with different subjects.
- Revise the important questions. This should not be tough if you have prepared for CAT exam as well, as most of the material is much easier.
- Start giving mock exams, review your performance and revise the topics in which you do not perform well.
Quant + DI:
- Try to get your hand on a variety of Quantitative aptitude questions before you attempt the CMAT. Check out the sample papers and note down the type of questions being asked in the exam.
- Over the past years, it has been seen that modern math and arithmetic operations cover a larg part of the section; therefore students must try to solve a multitude of questions from such topics.
- One of the key skills in solving Data interpretation is to the knowledge of Ratios, Percentages, Square and cube roots, etc. on your finger tips. The faster you are with your calculations, the lesser the time required to solve each question.
- Add break time in your study plan. Every human body and brain needs break after certain intervals; continuous revision may confuse you.
- With respected to Data Interpretation, CMAT mostly gives questions related to single and multiple bar graphs. Pie charts are rarely given but MBA exams are know to be full of surprises, so don’t go into the exam hall with a predetermined mind set.
- Thus, the more familiar you are with various types of question types, the easier it will be for you to handle surprises on the exam day.
This section contains topics from arrangements (linear, seating, sequencing and arranging with conditions) to coding. The important questions that cover most of this section come from Puzzles, Statements and conclusions, Cause and effect, assumptions and conclusions and missing term in the figure.
- Regular Practice is the only thing that can make you good in this section. “Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation” by Arun Sharma is a good option.
- You can also try to solve the Logical Reasoning papers from previous CAT and NMAT,SNAP exams. The questions in these exams resemble a lot in what you can expect in the CMAT paper.
Verbal ability/ Language Comprehension: This section contains questions from parajumbles (that are comprised of 4-5 sentences), FIB, identification of word meaning by selecting correct synonym and antonym, idioms, sentence correction, identification of correct sentence etc. The reading comprehension passage is not too long but is definitely very important.
- To prepare yourself for verbal, get in the habit of reading novels daily. There is no short cut for this preparation but if you do it regularly, you will be easily able to crack any Management competitive exam.
- Questions from Antonyms and Synonyms are asked in CMAT, so one must have a good understanding of word meanings. In order to do that, students can either prepare a list of words they daily find in newspapers and novels and cram them. Practice a lot of reading comprehension, which would be there in any preparation book.
- Further, lots of reading of novels, preparing the word meaning from Word Power Made Easyare going to be really handful in overall preparation.
- Every CAT, XAT, MAT aspirant will be preparing for Logical Reasoning, Verbal and Quantitative techniques, therefore it is safe to say that General Awareness is the key to unlocking the doors of CMAT.
- In order to prepare for general awareness, students should develop a daily habit of reading newspaper. I recommend “The Hindu” or “The Indian Express” for MBA aspirants. These papers have extensive coverage on national and international matters; also their editorial sections are pretty vast and are written in a high quality standard that can help the students in their preparation of Verbal ability section as well.
- Read and understand the important terms used in economics and banking and follow a weekly or fortnightly business magazine to stay updated about the latest happenings in this field.
As I have said earlier, General awareness is the crucial key to cracking CMAT. If you know the answer to this section, you can very well complete it in less than 15 minutes. As such, you will have almost 165 minutes to solve the other three sections.
The general awareness section for any exam is a tricky proposition as theoretically, it has infinite syllabus.
GK consist of Static & Current GK
Static GK contains questions which are based on knowledge which is static topics like Indus Valley Civilization ,Harappa Civilization, Wildlife sanctuaries in India etc. This data will not change as we know the person who found out about it. However, a question like – Who is the president of Germany? This falls under the purview of current GK.
For preparing current GK, newspapers, magazines, Manorama and other mass media which keep you updated with the happenings of the real world are the best and the only option. In certain cases, you can find question papers on current GK online which can help you increase your domain knowledge.
Best of Luck!!!
— This tips are given as per our CMAT 99.99%iler Topper Zunjar Sanzgiri