Logical & Analytical Reasoning
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
The section is always easy but due to the range of questions, it is better to rate it as moderate.
Cutoff in Logic section will be around Around 30 to 32 attempts
Logic section accuracy must for cracking NMAT 2015
This section too had questions from almost every possible topic –
- assumption based questions
- blood relations
- coding decoding
- direction sense, puzzles
- sequences & series
- strengthening & weakening.
Important topics and tentative breakup of marks…..
|Analytical Arrangement Puzzles||16|
NMIMS Selection process consists of two stages and has three components. Based on the performance in the NMAT examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Duration of the NMAT written Test will be 120 Minutes and comprises of questions from following sections. Given below is the section-wise breakup of the NMAT paper along with the individual cut-offs of the respective sections:
|Sr . No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration||Cut-off|
|1||Language Skills||32||22 Minutes||55|
|2||Quantitative Skills||48||60 Minutes||71|
|3||Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes||61|
Important 5 Points to be remembered by the students:
- Students need to clear sectional as well as overall cut-off to qualify for GD/PI.
- No negative marking is there
- NMAT is more of a speed-based test rather than a test of knowledge. Candidates need to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes. Each section is timed (Details given in the table above)
- Each question carries three marks.
- Work experience in executive/management capacity will be preferred while shortlisting of candidates for GD/PI.