MICA, Ahmedabad conducts its own admission test MICAT for the candidates who have applied to MICA for admission to PGDM-C programme on the basis of CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be conducted twice for selection of PGDM-C 2019-2021 batch. Better of the two MICAT Scores will be considered.
MICA has opened the MICAT-I registration till November 20, 2018. Candidates can apply online to appear in MICAT-I on December 2, 2018. MICA admission test, MICAT 2019 is a multidimensional computer based examination, which will assess candidates in areas such as Divergent Thinking Abilities, Written Communication Abilities, General Awareness about contemporary social and business issues, including areas relevant to media, marketing, advertising & current affairs and Analytical & Verbal Abilities.
MICAT Selection Process
The selection process at MICA involves three steps:
Step-I: Apply with CAT/ XAT/GMAT. Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT). All candidates are assessed on MICAT, which consists of 6 sections: Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT).
Step-III: GE & PI: All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT 2017 onwards & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List: All those candidates who appear in GE & PI, and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
- For all those who meet the criteria a final composite score (FCS) shall be created based on the following weightage:
CAT/XAT/GMAT and 20%; MICAT 30%; GE 20%; PI 30%; (Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT).
- Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
MICAT 2019: Application fee: MICAT Application Fee is Rs. 1985.
MICAT-I: How to apply
MICA has enabled the MICAT-I application and registration form for the new as well as existing applicants. Candidates can fill up the form to apply online.
The registration and application form is different for New applicants and for already registered users. You need to click on your category:
- New registration, Or
- Already Registered users
Application form for New Registration
Since new applicants have to fill up all their details, they need to use the MICAT registration form given below:
Application form for Already Registered Users
For already registered users, the MICAT-II registration form will open on January 3, 2019. It will be smaller application form and will require fewer details
MICAT: Registration fee: Rs.1985
MICAT Calculation of Scaled Scores
The score obtained individually by a candidate ‘X’ in a particular component of MICAT-I/MICAT-II,e.g. Verbal Ability (VA) will be converted into Scaled Score using the following sample formula for one of the components, i.e., VA:
Scaled Score -VA of a candidate 'X' in MICAT-I/MICAT-II = (Score -VA of the candidate 'X' /Maximum obtained by any candidate amongst the candidates who have appeared in MICAT-I/MICAT-II in VA) multiplied by Maximum Possible Score in VA in MICAT-I/MICAT-II.
Similarly Scaled Scores will be calculated for all the MICAT-I/MICAT-II components using sample formula in point i) namely: VA, QADI, GA, DCT and DT.
Total MICAT-I/MICAT-II score will be calculated using Scaled Scores for each of the MICAT components, namely: VA, QADI, GA, DCT and DT
The exact cut-offs mentioned above are based on previous years’ MICAT data. They depend on various factors like the applicants’ pool, the distribution of CAT and MICAT scores etc. which may change year to year.
MICAT Admit Card
MICAT-I Admit Card will be issued on November 26, 2018. MICA, the MICAT exam conducting authority will issue the MICAT Admit card for MICAT-I exam to be held on December 2, 2018. MICAT 2019 Admit Card download can be completed by the candidates from MICAT website.
There are two MICAT exams for admission to PGDM-C 2019-21 batch at MICA Ahmedabad.
All the MICAT 2019 applicants are required to go for MICAT Admit card 2019 download process. The MICAT 2019 hall ticket will be available for download with effect from November 26 onwards. Complete schedule is shared below:
MICAT 2019 Admit card: Important dates
MICAT-I Admit Card Available for Download
November 26, 2018 onwards
MICAT-1 Exam Date
December 2, 2018
MICAT-II Admit Card Available for Download
February 4, 2019 onwards
MICAT-II admission test
February 9, 2019
Who is eligible to get MICAT 2019 Admit Card
MICAT Admit Card will be available for download only for the MICAT applicants who have:
- Applied for MICAT 2019 and have made payment successfully
- On submission of MICAT application, the message of successful submission of MICAT application form is received by the candidate
How to view and download MICAT 2019 Admit card
- Login to MICAT website with your MICAT 2019 Id and password
- Check all the details on MICAT 2019 Admit Card
- Complete the MICAT Admit Card 2019 Download process
- Take Print of MICAT Admit Card
- Check the legibility of printed MICAT 2019 admit card
- Go through the MICAT Admit Card instructions
- Affix the photograph as required on MICAT Admit card
- Keep the MICAT 2019 Admit card safe to carry it at the MICAT exam centre
- Keep with you an original valid photo Id proof and carry it to the exam centre.
MICAT 2018 Result
MICA Ahmedabad has declared the MICAT-I result on January 3, 2018 and has made available the MICAT-I 2018 score card on its official website. MICA conducts two entrance exams for admission to its flagship PGDM-C programme – MICAT-I and MICAT-II.
Candidates can view and download their MICAT-I score card from official MICAT website by inserting their ID and password:
While the MICAT – I result is out, the opportunity is available now to apply for MICAT-II which will be held on February 17, 2018. MICAT-II is the second entrance exam for the 2018–20 batch for the flagship programme of MICA, Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM–C).
If you have missed MICAT-I for admission to PGDM-C at MICA Ahmedabad, you still have the opportunity to apply online for MICAT-II by February 4, 2016 and explore admission opportunity in the premium B-school. Candidates will need to apply online at MICA website with a registration fee of Rs. 1965/- which can be paid in cash, by demand draft or on-line.
MICA Ahmedabad is considered as India’s only B-school for Strategic Marketing and Communication.
GE-PI: Preparation of Shortlist of the candidates
- Psychometric test in GE-PI round is a qualifier. Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their CAT/XAT/GMAT relative performance will be considered. (This is based on their relative performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT, subject to a minimum cut-off in CAT total percentile/XAT total percentile/GMAT score)
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall be assessed for the following MICAT sections: Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT).
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Scores for each of these sections (namely: VA, QADI, GA and DCT) and CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall have their Descriptive Tests evaluated.
- Those who qualify on the basis of above parameters and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI.
- Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performances if a candidate has taken both MICAT-I and MICAT-II. (This will be prepared based on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT).
- Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in the two MICATs are shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT Scaled Score
MICAT-II: Application closing Feb 4
For those who wish to apply for MICAT - II, this will help in better preparation for the examination. MICAT - II applications are open till Thursday, February 4, 2016 and the test will be held in 18 cities across India on Sunday, February 14. For those who appear in both MICAT - I and II, the better of the two scores will be considered.
MICAT result revamps admission process
Revamping its admission process, MICA for the first time has introduced a new admissions process where candidates are given two opportunities to take the MICAT exam and participate in the GE and PI.
MICAT has gone green for the first time as MICA has initiated a computer-based exam in place of the pen and paper model.