How to prepare for MICAT GK questions
The MICAT GK section is all about how many general knowledge facts you can store in your brain’s memory. It is expected that the MICAT GK portion will have 20-30 questions. You should not spend more than 10-15 minutes on it. Believe me, 20 seconds is more than enough time for a GK question.
Questions in MICA GK will be from business, economics and politics related to business environment. “If you read the pink papers such as The Economic Times, Business Standard, Mint, Business Week, Hindu Business Line, etc, you should be able to answer the questions. You need to have an aptitude on the current political and economic scenario of the country and the world,”
MICAT GK Syllabus: You should concentrate on the following areas:
1. Current heads of major Global / Indian companies.
2. Information on brands and companies as in ‘Dettol is a brand of Reckitt Benckiser’
3. Taglines of major Global / Indian companies
4. Major books released, business related books and business biographies.
5. Current Business Affairs – Major economic decisions, mergers & takeovers, etc.
Lets take a small MICAT GK Questions test to know how you stand as of now in your MICAT GK preparation.
If you score 00 – 05 = poor score
If you score 05 – 10 = poor score
If you score 10 – 15 = poor score
If you score 15+ = poor score
1. How many organization of National Dialogue Quartet, the Tunisian civil society has won 2015 Nobel Peace Prize?
2. Who ranks at the top of Forbes list on Asia’s Richest Family?
a. Henderson Land Development
c. Lee family
3. Who has launched PARICHAALAN?
d.. Exim bank
4. Which of the following is not a schemes offered by MUDRA bank?
5. Which of the following river is known as “the cradle of Chinese civilization”?
a. Yangtze river
b. Mekong river
c. Han river
d. Yellow river
6. Nualgi, an Indian low profile Company in Banglore has won popular Choice Award at Climate coLab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology , Cambridge. This company belongs to which field.
b. Chemical Science
c. Nano technology
d. Medical Science
7. According to Indian constitution, who is authorized to declare particular area as Scheduled Areas?
a. National Commission for Scheduled Castes
b. National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
c. National Human right Commission
d. President of India
8. For which of the following wildlife animal, India has conducted first ever census?
c. Mountain wolf
d. Indian leopards
9. The World Hindi conference is arranged by
a. Ministry of Culture
b. Ministry of Tourism
c. Ministry of External Affairs
d. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
10. Myanmar has launched its first ever election app called _________.
d. None of the above
11. National Dialogue Quartet is an organisation of which country?
12. Google India has launched an app which will utilise same Transit data for DMRC metro, DTC buses, DIMTS buses, and Gurgaon Rapid Metro as Google Maps. The app will also provide direction and information regarding time table for Delhi Metro and buses offline.
a. Delhi Sustainable Development
b. Delhi Infrastructure Development
c. Delhi Road Transport
d. Delhi Public Transport
13. Rather than opting for a replication of the Like button, FB is using emojis called ————- to represent the following emotions- Love, Haha, Yay, Wow, Sad and Angry.
14. Who Indian artist and painter is referred to as Freida Kahlo of India best known for self Portraits and whose self portrait was sold for 17 crore rupees in London?
a. Maya Burman
d. Amrita Sher-Gil
15. Private sector lender ICICI bank has launched mobile payment solution services which will allow customers to make payments for services via smartphones. Service can be used by those customers who have app of bank’s mobile wallet Pockets
d. None of the above
16. Which composer has been named the cultural ambassador of Seychelle for contribution in enhancing the art and cultural development of the country?
a. James Horner
b. Alex North
c. Alfred Newman
d. A. R. Rahman
17. Earth’s inner core was formed _______ billion years ago, according to research released in October 2015.
a. 1 billion
b. 1.5 billion
c. 1-1.5 bilion
d. 1.6 billion
18. IAF on 8th October 2015 celebrated anniversary at Hindan Air Base in Ghaziabad
Celebration of this anniversary has been observed since ————-
19. Who will act as the interim president of Fifa?
a. Sep Blatter
b. Michel Platini
d. Jerome Valcke
20. LokmanyaTilak ward 2015 has been awarded to whom?
a. E Sreedharan
b. Kundan R Vyas
c. Memon Mathew
21. Blackbuck National Park is situated in?
22. 20th World Egg Day was celebrated in four cities of the country- Bhubaneswar, Lucknow, Mumbai and………
23. Name the first sportsperson to make an honorary group captain in the Indian Air Force 83rd anniversary celebration?
b. Sachin Tendulkar
c. Sunil gavaskar
d. Mahindra Singh Dhoni
24. Which former Prime minister of India has been awarded Bangladesh Liberation War Honor?
b. P. V NarasimhaRao
d. AtalBihari Vajpayee
25. Svetlana Alaxievich is the —————– woman to win Nobel Prize in the field of literature since it was awarded in 1901?
How to prepare for MICAT GK section – ANSWER KEY :