SBI PO GK preparation tips and test
Like in SBI PO, General Awareness is an Integral part of most of the competitive exams and it Comprises of current finance and economy, Geographical, social, cultural aspects at national and international level. The fact that makes it a challenge to prepare is its unlimited range of questions asked in SBI PO GK section.
General awareness in SBI PO is considered a big challenge by the aspirants due to is large range of questions. It is believed that you cannot prepare it completely as there are so many things happening around and you cant remember them all. We receive many mails from readers asking how to tackle this big hurdle. Simple solution to crack SBI PO Gk is… Stay Updated!!
It saves precious time to go for other time-taking sections So we’d advise you to go for General awareness first as people normally complain about not being able to attempt this section due to lack of time. It’s a common reason of failure for many people that although they were able to score exceptionally good in other sections but they were unable to even attempt general awareness. So attempt general awareness first!!
SBI PO GK can not be prepared in a single day. It has to be done daily for some time. Make it a habit to keep yourself updated about current issues in banking industry and other important news too. If done properly, you’ll surely gain a deciding edge over competitors and will easily pass through. So the preparation should be started well in advance. Reading Newspapers regularly is an integral part of preparing for general awareness.
Cetking has launched GK40 program, join that and learn GK easily, this way you can memorize the things in an interesting way and it will pertain in your memory for longer time.
Learn the concepts wisely and focus on the important issues from time to time as questions are always asked from the common concepts in any examinations.
1. Keep Revising:
2. This is the very important step that will help you to retain information in memory for longer time
Lets take a small test to know how you stand as of now in your SBI PO GK preparation.
If you score 00 – 05 = poor score
If you score 05 – 10 = poor score
If you score 10 – 15 = poor score
If you score 15+ = poor score
1. Who among the following persons has been honoured with the lifetime achievement award at the Forbes India Leadership Awards, 2015?
C. RC Bhargava
D. O P Munjal
2. The sage who is said to have aryanised south India was
3. Which state Govt banned the sale of mawa sweets recently?
4. DrRastogi Central Research Institute for Homeopathy inaugurated at……?
5. PravasiBhartiya Divas 2016 from 8th Jan to 10th jan is scheduled to be celebrated at
A. New Delhi
6. TakaakiKajita and Arthur McDonald won Nobel Prize in physics for –
A. Developing the first blue light-emitting diodes
B. “Wonder material” graphene.
C. Theory of the Higgs boson particle.
D. Discovery of neutrino oscillations
7. Cricket All Star Event with three exhibition T20 matches will be played by the teams led by Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne in October.
8. Who was awarded Nobel prize in literature for 2015 for polyphonic writings , a monument to suffering and courage in our time?
A. Svetlana Alexievich
B. Mo Yan
C. Mario Vargas Llosa
D. Herta Muller
9. Bollywood actor named as the tourism ambassador of New Zealand for India by Tourism New Zealand?
A. Saif Ali Khan
10. National Watershed Management Project assisted by World Bank and approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs?
11. The Green Climate Fund is a fund within the framework of the
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate… founded as a mechanism to assist developing countries in adaptation and mitigation practices to counter climate change The Green Climate Fund is based in
12. In which of the following cities has government approved a project for building a National War Memorial and a National War Museum?
B. New Delhi
13. To conserve which of the following endangered species, a community and school-based education programme is launched by Arunachal Pradesh?
A. White-rumped Vulture
B. Hoolock Gibbon
C. Great Indian Bustard
14. Name the mobile app launched by Uttarakhand government for Badrinath pilgrims which will enable them to access all the important information during their travel.
B. Yatra @Badrinath
15. For which operation has the RPF won an award at the National Conference of Anti Human Trafficking
A. Operation Himmat
B. Operation Smile
C. Operation Rahat
D. None of the above
16. Production function is the relationship between?
A. Production and production factors
B. Production and income
C. Production and profit
D. Production and prices
17. International Atomic Energy Agency has recently taken environmental samples from the sensitive military site The Parchin military site, in which country
18. Storm Etau has hit which of the following countries recently?
D. Sri Lanka
19. Who is the Chairman of the Press Trust of India?
B. Mohan Gupta
C. Riyad Mathew
D. Hormusji N Cama
20. India has inked a pact to cooperate on criminal matters including collecting evidence with which country? According to this pact warrant or summons can be executed in relation to criminal matters on any person in that country.
21. The term gross national hapinnes was coined by?
B. Bhutan’s king
D European union
22. Car model ‘Kwid’ is from which Company ?
23. Oktoberfest is celebrated in which country/nation ?
24. Who is India’s largest trading partner in Europe?
25. Which among the following is a Salman Rushdie novel published in 2015 ?
A.The Enchantress of Florence
B.Two Years At Months and Twenty At Nights
C.Shalimar the Clown
SBI PO GK Test ANSWER KEY: