September 1 2016
Current affairs of 1st September 2016
- Brazil’s former vice president, Michel Temer has been sworn as the country’s new president
- Actor Irrfan Khan awarded Entertainer of The Year Award
- Sudharshan Pattnaik wins prize in Moscow Sand Art Show for his sand sculpture titled “Mahatma Gandhi – World Peace”
- Egypt President, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, arriving on a three-day visit to India today.
- Anuradha Rao has been appointed as the MD, CEO of SBI Mutual Fund
- Former Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla appointed as the new Chancellor of Teri university.
- 2 days long BRICS Conventions on Tourism begins today at Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh
- Private Security: The earlier policy permitted 49% FDI under government approval route in Private Security Agencies.
- Madhukar Gupta committee formed to review security at India-Pakistan border, submitted its report to Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Madhukar Gupta committee was formed to review security at India-Pakistan border, the report running close to thousand pages submitted its report to Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Odisha CM, Naveen Patnaik, to share his thoughts on different issues through the radio for 10 minutes every month.
- President Pranab Mukherjeehas given Maharashtra Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao additional charge of Tamil Nadu and Gujarat Governor Om Prakash Kohli of Madhya Pradesh.
- India jumps 19 places in logistics performance index
- Majuli in Assam is all set to become the first island district of the country .
- Goa government ratifies GST bill
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush appointed U.N. Women’s advocate for Gender Equality
Current affairs of 2nd September 2016
- Bezwada Wilson(a prolific campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging in India) and T M Krishna (Carnatic singer) from Chennai chosen for the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2016.
- Reliance Industries Limited launched the telecom service Reliance Jio in September 2016
- A team of scientists discovered the world’s oldest stromatolite fossils in the Isua Greenstone Belt recently which are 7 Billion Years Old.
- Lt Gen Bipin Rawat recently took over as the Vice Chief of Indian Army
- Deep Kumar Upadhyay re-appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India.
- Puducherry, Orissa and Rajasthan ratifies GST bill
- BRICS Film Festival begins in New Delhi
- Gujarat signed MoU with Union Government to develop 11 small airports and airstrips in September 2016
- Indian Railway launched an insurance scheme for passengers travelling on e- ticket with insurance cover up to 10 lakh rupees
- Insurance scheme for passengers travelling on e-ticket launched by Indian Railway will be available after paying a premium of 92 paisa
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket exploded on its Cape Canaveral launch pad during a test, destroying a commercial satellite that Facebook had planned to use to extend Internet access in Africa.
- To indigenise procurements and reduce import dependence, Indian Army announced establishment of the Army Design Bureau (ADB)
- Coal India Limited (CIL) and Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) signed MoU for effectively monitoring of environment related issues in the Coal Mining Projects
- LG Electronics Inc. has tied-up with Amazon.com Inc on smart-home services.
- Australia’s oldest surviving Test cricketer, Len Maddocks, has passed away aged 90.
- Martial arts expert and actor Jackie Chan will receive a lifetime achievement Oscar.
- Noted Assamese poet, literary critic and author and winner of the Sahitya Akademi award Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya passed away in Guwahati early Friday morning
- Hillary Clinton Leads Donald Trump By 7 Points In One Poll, Trails In Another
- Tsunami But No Damage After Powerful 7.1 Earthquake Jolts New Zealand
Current affairs of 3rd September 2016
- India and Vietnam have signed 12 agreements for cooperation in areas, including defence and IT, to boost bilateral ties.
- China’s parliament has ratified the Paris agreement on climate change.
- A 12-year-old Jeremy Shuler has just started his first semester at Cornell University.
- Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra, was sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Two-day G-20 Summit of the world’s major economies will start in the Chinese city of Hangzhou tomorrow to discuss efforts to reform global economic governance.
- India & Vietnam have signed 12 agreements for further strengthening of bilateral ties.
- Bangladesh has named former Sri Lankan cricketer Thilan Samaraweera as their batting consultant for next month’s home series against England.
- Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu and Akali Dal MLA Pargat Singh, along with some other leaders have announced the launch of a political front, Awaaz-e-Punjab.
- The All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) has been recognised as a national party by the Election Commission of India.
- Maharashtra cricketer Shrikant Mundhe created history by becoming the first Liverpool Competition Premier League bowler to take 10 wickets in an innings.
- Former pacer Zaheer Khan has been made an honorary life member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- Voonik Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which operates the fashion app Voonik had acquired styling app Dekkoh for an undisclosed amount.
- State-run BHEL has commissioned the 4th and last unit of the 4×40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal.
- Uzbek President Islam Karimov has died after suffering a stroke at the age of 78.
- PM Modi has announced a special package of Rs. 200 crore to engage youth of Jammu & Kashmir in constructive sporting activities.
- Indian economy grew at 7.1 per cent in first quarter of the current fiscal.
- Punit Goenka, MD & CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises has been elected as the Indian Broadcasting Foundation’s President
- Digital payments platform mobikwik & Samagra, an NGO has launched “M-Gullak” to promote the habit of savings
- Flipkart Group company Myntra has announced the appointment of Manohar Kamath as head of ‘Myntra Fashion Brands’ (MFB)
- DCB Bank has launched ‘mvisa’, a mobile-based payment solution.
Current affairs of 4th September 2016
1. Mother Teresa is being declared saint by Pope Francis in Vatican City
2.Gumthala Garhu becomes first Wi-Fi hotspot village in Haryana
3. DCB Bank rolls out mVisa card-less solution at retail outlets
4. Bangladesh hangs Islamist tycoon Mir Quasem Ali
5. Serena Williams set women’s record of 307 victories in grand slams
6. Ghost snake species Discovered
7. Jackie Chan awarded honorary Academy achievement award for his extraordinarily achievements in films
8. PM Modi reaches Hangzhou for G20 summit
9. Union Home Minister has approved the use of chilli-based PAVA shells for crowd control measures.
10. TN assembly has passed a resolution asking the Center to prevail upon Kerala and Karnataka gov’t not to construct any structures across the Siruvani & the Cauvery rivers
11. Prakampana 2016 held in Visakhapatnam
12. Bachchan, Fadnavis picked up brooms during Maha Cleanathon
13. Sachin has been appointed as brand ambassador for anti-liquor and drug campaign by the Kerala Govt
14. Odissa launches Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana
15. Anand Pawar enters men’s singles final
16. Fifth seed Sriram Balaji subdued too seed Seong Chan Hong of Korea for the title in ITF men’s futures tennis tournament
17. South Africa announces Racial Quotas
Current affairs of 5th September 2016
1. Urjit Patel takes over as RBI Governor
2. India Post releases commemorative postage stamps in Saint Teresa
3. Ankasamudra to become a conservation reserve
4. Go a to host a 3 day bird festival from Nov 11
5. Canada’s British Columbia becomes first foreign government to issue Masala bonds.
6. Infosys set up JV Saudi Arabian Market
7. Ecologist Bibhuti Lahkar bags Heritage Heroes Award of IUCN
8.World’s Largest LEGO ship sets Guinness Record
9. Ricky Pointing appointed brand ambassador for Tasmania
10. Lewis Hamilton battles to second as Nicole Rosberg wins Italian Grand Prix
11. Rajasthan launches e-stamping Facility
12. Pondy Ltd Guv Launches Shramdaan Movement in remote villages
13. HAS Malappuram wins UNESCO literacy award
14. Dr. Hrushikesh Mallick to get prestigious Sarala Award 2016
15. Sakshi Malik appointed as Wrestling Director of Rohtak University
16. Mukund Chordhari assumes charge as MOIL CMD
Current affairs of 6th September 2016
1. 11th G20 summit concluded in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou
2.UK has appointed an ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011. Nicholas Hopton will take up the role.
3. 22 yrs old Indo-japanese Priyanka Youshikawa crowned Miss Japan
4. Virat Kohli held on to the 2nd position according to the latest ICC ODI ranking for batsmen
5 . On the 55th Teachers Day , CM Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Asia’s biggest digital library in Silchar
6. Nawazuddin Siddiqui won the best actor award for Manjhi-the mountain man while Tannishtha Chatterjee won the best actress award for her role in Rough Book
7. John Abraham roped in as the brand ambassador of Arunachal Pradesh
8.WHO certifies Sri Lanka malaria free
9. Sikki Reddy and Pranav Jerry Chopra win Brazil Open Grand Prix
10.Haryana Govt has decided to develop 340 villages as Horticulture
11. GRSE hands over water jet fast attack craft Tihayu to the Indian Navy
12. MobiKwik has launched one-step offline payments with Bubble Pin
13. Rajasthan’s education Dept has partnered with Cisco for connected learning solutions
14. Intel has acquired computer vision firm Movidius to develop 3D space mapping technology for project Tango devices
15. Worlds oldest cricketer Lindsay Tuckett passes away at 97
Current affairs of 7th September
1. Govt has approved projects worth over Rs 450 crore under ‘Swadesh Darshan’ scheme
2. The seminal treaty UN charter has now been translated into Sanskrit
3. Aimed at promoting the use of gas, Dharmendra Pradhan launches Gas4India campaign
4.Helpline no 14401 for info on power cuts launched
5. India’s light utility helicopter maiden flight successful
6.Director K G George has been selected for the D C Daniel award 2015
7. Bandaru Dattatreya inaugurated the 1st phase of telemedicine services of Employees state insurance corporation (ESIC)
8. Central Govt approves 6 proposals to set up centers of excellence to promote and fund Startups
9. Religare enterprises appoints Sunil Godwani as CEO
10. Raam Reddys Kanadda film Tithi was conferred the best film award by M Venkaiah Naidu at the closing ceremony of the 1st BRICS festival
11. India and Chile expand preferential trading pact to boost economic ties
12. Ecologist Bibhuti Lahkar bags heritage hero award of IUCN
13. First ever three day Mother Teresa International Film festival has been organised by sisters of Charity in collaboration with other religious congregation in Shillong
Current Affairs of 8th September 2016
1. Senior BJP minister Om Prakash Kohli sworn as MP Governor
2. Andhra Pradesh Govt passes resolution in support of GST bill
3. The 2016 Summer Paralympic games began on Sept 7 at Maracana stadium at Rio de Jeneiro
4. Himachal Pradesh cabinet decides to amend the Hydropower policy 2006 wrt transfer of shares from the Himachalis to non Himachalis
5. India Kazakhstan joint bilateral military exercise “Prabal Dostyk-16” begin in Karaganda region of Kazakhstan
6. India Greece sign MoU for air services agreement
7. Additional secretary in the ministry, Satbir Singh appointed as the next ambassador of India to Algeria
8. CK Asnani has assumed charge as CMD of Uranium Corporation of India Limited
9. Henkel elevates Shilip Kumar as the President of its India’s business
10. “Into the Hidden Valley” by Author Stuart Blackburn ,won the MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction 2016 in UK
Current affairs of 9th September 2016
1.Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community is the theme of the 2016 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit that concluded recently
2.The host city of the 2016 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit was Vientiane, Laos
3.ICICI Bank recently introduced the Software Robotics for power banking operations
4.Majuli recently became the first island district of India.
5. The Indian women cricketer Anjum Chopra was recently awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club
6.Sushil Kumar, the two-time Olympic-medallist wrestler was nominated for the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civillian honour by Wrestling Federation of India (WFI)
7.NASA’s spacecraft that was launched to collect samples from an asteroid and return them to Earth in hopes of learning more about the origins of life – OSIRIS-REx
8.Gujarat Governor OP Kohli today took additional charge of the Governor of – Madhya Pradesh
9.Indian powerlifter Farman Bashar finished fourth in the men’s 49kg category at Rio Paralympics
10.Bombay High Court asked the Maharashtra government to undertake measures on a warfooting to keep the beaches safe as during ongoing immersion of Ganesh idols in Arabian sea
11.Government has approved subsidized helicopter services in ten sectors of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh
12. India proposed a joint task force on connectivity in India ASEAN Region to work on extension of India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highways to – Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
13.Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani dedicated 2 mbps download and 512 kbps upload digital connectivity to – 6000 villages
14.The Swachh Survekshan for rural India was recently released. Mandi(HP) and Sindhudurg(Maharashtra ) cleanest districts in india.
15.Delhi HC quashes appointment of 21 AAP MLAs as Parliamentary Secretaries
Current affairs of 10th September 2016
1.Rajnath Singh commission’s Offshore patrolling vessel Sarathi at Goa Shipyard Ltd
2.India’s Mariyappan Thangavelu won gold and Varun Singh Bhati clinched bronze medal in men’s high jump T-42 event at Rio Paralympics
3.Odissa gov’t launched the construction workers pension scheme which ensures financial assistance of 300 Rs per month
4.T R Zeliang receives Pangkor Dialogue Award in Malaysia for efforts made by the people of the state for environmental preservation and promotion
5.Odisha bags 9th Global Agriculture Leadership Award at National level gathering at New Delhi
6.The 1st LIGO lab outside U.S May come up in Maharashtra Hingoli
7. Chris Gayle launches his autobiography Six machine in India
8.IDBI AMC appoints Dilip Mandal as M.D. & CEO
9.HDFC Ergo Completes acquisitions of L&T insurance
10. NHPC has entered a pact with BHEL for renovation of Baira Siul power plant
11. Super fast Talgo Train leaves from Delhi for Mumbai in final tria
12. Microsoft appears to be removing Windows phones from their US Microsoft Stores
13. Virat Kohli remains on top, Glenn Maxwell vaults into 3rd position in T20 ranking
Current affairs of 11th September 2016
1.All women Police Control Room vans launched in New Delhi
2.India makes list, plans outreach to 68 countries end of 2016
3. Gorkhas demand indigenous status in Assam
4. Italian chefs make over 5800 pizzas in 12 hours
5. Home Secretary level talks between India and Nepal concluded in Delhi
6. Denmark based Dong Energy has installed the first of Worlds largest wind turbines at its Burbo Bank windfall off the coast of Britain
7.India’s forex reserves hit all time high of $367.76 bn
8.NCR Corp to add 15000 Atms this Fiscal
9. BSE becomes 1st Indian stock exchange to file for IPO
10.Nissan sells India-made Datsun GO+ in South Africa
11.PepsiCo’s IndraNooyi only Indian origin woman in Fortune list
12. Kaspersky introduces first ‘Cybersecurity Index’
13.Captain Manpreet Singh of the Indian Army on Friday set Guinness World record for the “Longest continuous ride standing on the seat of a motorcycle ”
Current affairs of 12th September 2016
1.Rajnath to visit Russia, US; Pakistan -sponsored terror in focus
2. China and Russia to begin show of strength in South China Sea
3. Patanjali bullish on international markets ,to launch Swadeshi jeans
4. Flippant to hire 10k temporary staff ahead of festive season
5. Amancio Ortega the reclusive retailer overtook Bill Gates as world’s richest
6.Stop using fire prone Samsung Galaxy Note 7, US tells Consumers
7.Telecom minister rejects criticism of PM’s image featuring in Jio Ads
8. Indian gov’t to make rear parking sensors mandatory on all cars
9.Angelique Kerber beats Karolina Pkiskova to win US Open title
10.Chinese engineers have completed the basic structure of Beipanjiang Bridge which is expected to become the world’s highest bridge
11. Rupee falls 25 paise against Dollar
12.Nepal will tie with India to overcome the impact of 2015 earthquake
13.North Korea on Sunday lashed out at US president for his condemnation of the country’s 5th nuclear test
14.The Indian air force premier western Command declared that it was putting all of its bases under continuous surveillance by drones
15.Indo-US Economic Summit from Sept 13
Current affairs of 13th September 2016
- Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong will soon be appointed as Director of the Board.
- Vidya Balan was recently named as the brand ambassador of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana
- Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan appointed Karen Karapetyan as the Prime Minister of Armenia.
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India appointed Liro Rossi as the Chief Executive Officer of Holiday Club resorts
- The Bombay stock exchange became the first Indian stock exchange to file Initial Public Offering with SEBI
- The Indian athlete Deepa Malik became the first Indian woman to bag a medal at the Paralympics is
- The state government Chhattisgarh officially launched AIR Regional News Unit’s Facebook page
- The 2016 India-US Economic Summit to be held in New Delhi
- The Union Cabinet approved the creation of the Higher Education Financing Agency for creating capital assets in higher educational institutions
- The Union Government recently released Direct Selling Guidelines 2016 framework to protect consumers from Ponzi frauds
- According to a study conducted by the scientists from the University of Queensland in Australia, the world’s wilderness has reduced by a tenth in the past two decades
- The Union Cabinet recently approved the extension of contract between Ministry of Earth Sciences and the International Seabed Authority for exploration of Polymetallic Nodules
- The first BRICS Wellness Workshop was held in Bengaluru
- Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa removed as Arunachal Pradesh governor
- Tension over alleged lathi charge of Tamil Nadu workers at Parambikulam
- Gender-Fluid, Skronk and Fuhgeddaboudit Enter Oxford English Dictionary
- Cabinet nod for Goods and Services Tax Council, Secretariat (Roundup)
- Gab.ai is a new social network that promises complete freedom of speech
- Facebook Moments Now Lets You Share Albums With Anyone via Private Links
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 May Go Down as the Worst Smartphone Ever: Analyst
- Mohammad Hafeez ruled out of limited-overs series against West Indies
- Scientists develop new material to block electromagnetic waves from electronic devices
- Indian scientists recycle fish bio-waste into green energy
Current Affairs of 14th September 2016
- The Indian para-athlete Devendra Jhajharia recently became the first Indian to win two gold medals at the Paralympics
- The Indian American Ramesh Raskar won the 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize
- The National Hindi Divas is annually celebrated on 14 September
- The 3rd edition of BRICS Urbanisation Forum Meet is being held at Vishakhapatnam
- The Indian Railways are the winner of the 2016 MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament
- Sikkim’s Sushmita Rai won a bronze medal at the World Martial Arts Masterships 2016
- Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US was topped by Banco Santander’s Ana Botin
- The SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya was placed Second in Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US
- Indian’s in the Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US are – SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI head Chanda Kochhar (fifth) and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma (ninteenth)
- Indian para-athlete Devendra Jhajharia recently won gold medal in Javelin Throw
- China and Vietnam on 13 September 2016 agreed to properly manage their differences over territorial disputes in the South China Sea
- The typhoon Meranti became the strongest in 21 years that brought violent winds in Taiwan
- The para-athlete Thangavelu Mariyappan will be India’s flag bearer in the closing ceremony of the Rio Paralympics
- 105-year-old Kunwar Bai, who was felicitated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for building toilet by selling off her goats, has been chosen as the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ mascot
- Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) elected Aleksander Ceferin to succeed Michel Platini as president
- State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, IDFC Bank, and digital wallet Paytm will start issuing electronic tags to vehicles for toll collection
- Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar will be honoured with a humanitarian award by a prominent Jewish human rights organisation for promoting human dignity, interfaith relations and tolerance among people.
- Andhra Pradesh has become the second state in the country after Gujarat to achieve 100% electrification of households.
- Digital payment platform FreeCharge in partnership with Axis Bank has launched Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that allows instant transactions from a smartphone using a virtual payment address (VPA).
- Mumbai-based writer wins FON South Asia Short Story Award
Current affairs of 15th September 2016
1.The Reliance Communications recently agreed to merge with Aircel.
2.Hiroshi Nakagawa was appointed the Chairman of Isuzu Motors India
3.The Indonesia recently announced to resume work on Giant Sea Wall to save its sinking capital
4.International Day of Democracy was observed on 15 September 2016 with theme Democracy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
5.The Defence Ministry has written a letter to CBI seeking a probe into the allegations of kickbacks in the 2008 deal with Brazilian aircraft maker, Embraer
6.The United States signed a 38 billion dollars deal with Israel to provide the country with military assistance over a 10-year period, from 2019 to 2028
7.Subramanian Swamy was honoured with ‘Tamil Ratna’ award by America Tamil Sangam in September 2016
- Former England batsman Graeme Hick signed a deal to become Australia’s batting coach until March 2020
- The Indian Blue is the winner of the 2016-2017 Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament
10.The India Red runner-up of the 2016-2017 Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament
11.The colour of the ball used during the 2016-2017 Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament is Pink
12.Morgan Freeman is among the recipients list of 2015 National Medal of Arts to be given by US President Barack Obama.
13.The Uttar Pradesh govt has appointed Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the brand ambassador of its flagship programme ‘Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana’.
14.Jim Yong Kim is heading for another five-year term as president of the World Bank
15.The Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare has declared India free from Avian Influenza (H5N1) from 5th September, 2016.
16.Bollywood queen Priyanka Chopra is in the top 10 in Forbes magazine’s annual list of best-paid television actresses.
17.Gionee mobile phones would now be manufactured in Haryana as the company today signed an MoU with the state government to set up its phone manufacturing hub with an initial investment of Rs 500 crore which, later on, would be increased to Rs 1,500 crore.
18.Actor Ewan McGregor will receive the Britannia Humanitarian Award at the British Academy Britannia Awards in California next month.
19.Vice-President Hamid Ansari will be representing India at the upcoming 17th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) to be held at Margarita Island in Venezuela from September 17-18.
20.Indian cyclists put up a commendable show on the opening day of the Track Asia Cup 2016, bagging 6 medals, including three gold and two silver and one bronze
Current affairs of 16th September 2016
- The Government has formally notified the GST Council, which will decide on the tax rate, exempted goods under the new taxation regime.
- Nadia Murad, a former ISIS captive, has been named the UN’s new Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking.
- The Naropa festival, which is held every 12 years, began today at the 17th century Hemis Monastery in Ladakh.
- Atul Kumar Goel, General Manager, Allahabad Bank, has taken charge as Executive Director in Union Bank of India
- Indian-American physician-author Abraham Verghese, has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal, the White House has announced.
- Transportation app Uber has launched a new initiative in partnership with Maruti Suzuki and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for creating livelihood opportunities for one million people by 2018.
- Vijaya Bank has bagged the second prize under Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (Region C) for the year 2015-16.
- India will host the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group in May next year.
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank has bagged four awards for inclusive insurance for 2016 from Skoch Group.
- Reliance Communications (RCom) board has approved the company’s merger with Aircel,
- Two Indo-American scientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been conferred with prestigious awards for their path-breaking inventions.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, one of the founding members of ruling PDP and MP Tariq Hameed Karra resigned from the party and membership of Parliament
- India and Sri Lanka on 15 September 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities in Hambantota district
- East Bengal wins 2016 Calcutta Football League
- BHVS Narayana Murthy was appointed as the Director of Research Centre Imarat.
- United States’ President Barack Obama recently designated a marine national monument Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument in the Atlantic Ocean.
- India to host meeting of African development bank group
- The first woman governor of Arizona Rose Mofford passed away recently
Current affairs of 17th September 2016
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel conferred Arjuna Awards on cricketers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane at a function in New Delhi.
- All India Radio (AIR) launches a website and mobile app for its Balochi service to reach people who speak this language across the globe.
- India and Nepal signed three MoUs and agreements to enhance the bilateral agreement between the two nations.
- India and Sri Lanka Signed MoU to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities by providing them equipment worth USD 2 million in the country’s southern Hambantota district.
- V K Sharma, who is currently one of the two managing directors at Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has taken additional charge as Chairman, LIC of India.ii. Sharma joined LIC in the year 1981 as a Direct Recruit Officer.
- Legendary playwright Edward Albee, widely considered one of the greats of his generation, has died at the age of 88.
- India-born researcher Dinesh Bharadia was chosen for the prestigious Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award.
- Former Italian president, prime minister and central bank governor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi has died at the age of 95.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited on Friday has been conferred the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG)under the category ‘Full Member with voting rights’.
- The Telangana government has been signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Goa government to help the latter in information technology (IT) development.
- PayTm to power IRCTCs payment gateway
- Ujjivan Financial services limited bags award for inclusive insurance
Current affairs of 18th September 2016
- Punjab national bank appoints virat Kohli as its Brand Ambassador
- Abhishek Bachchan holds the record for ‘Most Public Appearances made by a Film Star in 12 Hours.
- library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences archives The scripts of Adil Hussain-starrers “Sunrise” and “Parched”
- China, launched its second experimental space station The Tiangong 2
- Lord Narendra Babubhai Patel honored the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’during the Asian Achievers Awards for his work in the medical profession and public life in Britain over the years
- Guided missile destroyer Mormugao launched in Mumbai
- World Bank to invest nearly 1000 crore in Assam for the betterment of the inland waterways
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches the ‘Swachhta Saptah’ as part of the Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat Mission from New Delhi Railway Station
- ISRO, Katrina, Juhi Chawla to get Priyadarshini Award
- Orissa Govt to organise a 2 day national conference on labor
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 66th birthday was marked by three world records set at events held at Navsari in south Gujarat.
- All India Radio launched a multimedia website and app of its Balochi radio.
- Grounded F-35 fighter jets, the most expensive weapon in history.
- Reliance Jio files around Rs 6500 crore deposit for upcoming spectrum sale
- Bengaluru 3rd amongst indian cities in molestation cases
- Johnson & Johnson to buy Abbotts Vision unit for $4.33 Billion
Current affairs of 19th September 2016
- The Consul General of Malaysia in India Eldeen Husaini Muhammad Hashim released the translated version of ‘Sai Charitra Granth’, a book on the life of Sai Baba.
- The 15th Rio 2016 Paralympic Games 2016 concluded. The 16th edition to be held in Tokyo in 2020.
- Malayalam critic and academician Dr M Leelavathi has been chosen for the prestigious N Mohanan Suvarna Mudra Award 2016,
- West Bengal government will confer this year’s ‘Bangabibhushan’ to legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar.
- 17th NAM summit held in Venezuela. Vice President Hamid Ansari held talks with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on a host of issues of mutual interest.
- Alka Sirohi has been appointed as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- 68th Emmy Awards was held in Los Angeles
- Federal Bank has launched its second FederalSkill Academy at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu as part of its CSR initiatives.
- Charkhi Dadri announced as 22nd district of Haryana by CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- The Government plans to double the number of schemes under DBT to 147 by March and has launched pilots for paying subsidy on food, kerosene and fertiliser directly via bank accounts of beneficiaries.
- World’s largest ship lift begins trial run in China
- Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been honored as the 2016 humanitarian of the year by students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation
- Lt Gen Surinder Singh takes over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Command.
- Monika Kapil Mohta has appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Sweden.
- Ravi Reddy, currently the Chief Operations Officer of the South African National Blood Service (SANBS), will head the International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT), headquartered in Amsterdam. He is an Indian origin South African
- Nepal Opposition party opposes Joint Communique during PM Prachanda’s India visit
- Reliance Jio, Airtel Continue To Spar Over Interconnect Ports
- Haryana to give startups collateral-free loan up to Rs 1cr
- Baba Ramdev and RSS put pressure on government to heavily tax Coca-Cola, PepsiCo
- Astronomers make major breakthrough, spot icy giant planet growing around nearby star
- Nico Rosberg clinched Singapore Grand Prix-2016
- India clinched Seven medals including 3 gold medals in ISSF Junior World Cup
Current affairs of 20th September 2016
- India successfully test-fires surface-to-air missile jointly developed with Israel from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur.
- HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has unveiled the ‘Param-Ishan’ supercomputer at IIT Guwahati that has a computing speed of 250 teraFLOPS and capacity of 300 tera bites (TB).
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party won a huge victory in the country’s parliamentary election.
- The Ministry of Railways announced the launch of ‘Yatri Mitra Seva’, to provide wheelchair-cum-porter services for the differently-abled, elderly and ailing passengers at major railway stations.
- Chinese and Russian naval forces began joint naval exercises in the South China Sea.
- Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma inaugurated a 10-week long festival “Confluence: Festival of India” in Sydney, Australia
- Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Global Ratings has forecasted a “relatively high quality and steroid-free” GDP growth of 8% for India over the next few years.
- Vijaya Bank has launched 3 innovative information technology products namely, VPAYQWIK, Vijaya *99# and V-eConnect+
- ADB approves $631 million loan for Vizag-Chennai industrial corridor.
- SS Mallikarjuna Rao has taken charge as executive director of Syndicate Bank.
- Facebook has roped in Anand Chandrasekaran, for a strategic role for its Messenger app.
- Ajay Kaul has resignes as the Chief Executive Officer of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited.
- BSE ties up with Twitter to provide live stock updates
- Deaf shooter Priyesha Deshmukh wins bronze in World Championship
- At UN, India slams Pakistan over Uri attack, rakes up human-rights violation in PoK, Balochistan
- China Threatens Countermeasures After Dalai Lama Speaks At EU Parliament
- Alibaba to expand trade facilitation centre services with new partners
- Online food delivery startup Swiggy raises Rs 100 crore round led by Bessemer
- Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance Jio Said to Submit Call Traffic Details to Trai
- Fantasy drama “Game of Thrones” was honoured as the best drama at Emmy Awards.
- The Cauvery Supervisory Committee has ordered Karnataka to release 3,000 cusecs water per day to Tamil Nadu between Sept 21& Sept 30.
- The two-day national labour conference kicks off in Odisha capital Bhubaneswar.
- Dinesh Karthk led the Albert Tuti Patriots won the inaugural 2016 Tamil Nadu Premier League title at Chennai.
- State-run NTPC has entered into a pact with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL).The pact aims to implement energy efficient LED lighting solutions for all its projects, stations and offices across the country.
- The Centre has notified the Bharat Stage (BS)-VI emission standards for two-wheelers & four-wheelers from April 2020 throughout the country.
- The RBI has said that all data related to KYC (know your customer) be made compliant as per CERSAI’s Common KYC (CKYC) format by March 31, 2017.
- Yes Bank has partnered with the Fintech startup NiYO to revolutionise the Employee Benefits ecosystem in India.
- The government has initiated the process of appointing the next Chairperson of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).Current SEBI Chairman UK Sinha’s term will come to an end in February 2017 after the government had given him a one-year extension.
Current Affairs of 21st September 2016
- The government has selected 27 new smart cities in the latest round of ‘Smart City Challenge’ competition.
- The flagship rural housing scheme Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), started by former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
- There will be no separate railway budget henceforth as Government merges Railway Budget with Union budget
- Government approves 9 highway projects worth 2600 crores
- Classical singer Shubha Mudgal will be honoured with the annual ‘LalitArpan Samman’ this year.
- Junaid Ahmad becomes the World Bank’s Country Director for India by replacing Onno Ruhl
- Google rolls out travel app named Google Trip
- Ajay shirke re-elected as BCCI Secretary in its Annual General Meeting
- Anup Kumar from Haryana will lead India in Kabaddi World Cup to be held in Ahmedabad.
- Misbah-ul-Haq has receives the prestigious ICC Test Championship mace for inspiring Pakistan to the top of the ICC Test Team Rankings , becomes first Pakistani to receive the award.
- Flipkart has crossed the 100-million registered users mark becoming the 1st e-commerce company in India to do so.
- Oscar-winning writer and film director Curtis Hanson dies at his home in Hollywood at the age of 71.
- Hong Kong topped the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016, while India stands at 112th position.
- Two-day North East Connectivity Summit was held in Agartala.
- The Giant African Land Snail (GALS) spotted in the campus of the Goa University at Taleigao.
- Rushiraj Barot won gold in the junior men’s 25m rapid fire pistol event in ISSF Junior World Cup.
- Odishas first ever Football Referee, centenarian Narottam Mohanty passed away in his hometown Baripada.
- The Consul General of Malaysia in India Eldeen Husaini Muhammad Hashim has released the translated version of “Sai Charitra Granth” a book on the life of Sai Baba.
- Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva will stand trial on corruption charges.
- Gajuwaka assembly constituency in Visakhapatnam district has emerged as the richest among all assembly segments in Andhra Pradesh.
- India has successfully test-fired the most advanced surface-to-air missile ‘Barak-8’ off the Odisha coast.
- US insurance firm State Farm has announced that Sehwag will be the face of its new campaign – “Here to help life go right”.
- GlaxoSmithKline had chosen its head of consumer healthcare, Emma Walmsley, as its new chief executive (CEO).
- Taxi-hailing company Uber has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with T-Hub.
- Arun Shrivastava, MD & CEO of Syndicate Bank has inaugurated the National Processing Centre of the bank.
Current affairs of 22nd September 2016
- The Union Cabinet under has approved the River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Authorities Order, 2016.
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for provision of a direct communication link through a dedicated submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) between Mainland (Chennai) and Port Blair & five other islands viz. Little Andaman, Car Nicobar, Havelock, Kamorta and Great Nicobar.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal to extend subsidy support of Rs. 1,250 crore to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) from Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF), as compensation for deficit incurred by BSNL in operating the Rural Wire-line connections installed prior to 1st April, 2002.
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of Agreement between India and Samoa for the exchange of information with respect to Taxes.
- Delhi’s Race Course Road renamed as Lok Kalyan Marg.
- Forbes India has released the annual India rich list and Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the Forbes’ ‘100 Richest Indians’ list. Dilip Shanghvi remains at number 2, Hinduja brothers are at the 3rd position , Azim Premji slips to no 4 and Pallonji Mistry is at 5th
- The Centre has appointed 3 members to the Monetary Policy Committee.
- Indian women’s hockey captain Ritu Rani has announced her retirement from international hockey.
- Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar was sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court and Justice Girish Chandra Gupta was sworn in as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
- MS Dhoni has been named as captain of the Wisden’s all-time India Test XI team.
- HDFC Bank has emerged as India’s most valuable brand. HDFC is followed by Airtel and SBI in the list.
- The Southern India Engineering Manufacturers’ Association (SIEMA) has inked an agreement with Anna University, Regional Campus, Coimbatore (AURCC) to work jointly on projects required for industries.
- Industrialist Adi Godrej, the Chairman of Mumbai-based Godrej Group, was conferred the 10th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Award for leadership in business and philanthropy.
- Oxford topped the list as the world’s leading university, followed by the California Institute of Technology, Stanford and Cambridge.
- Shri Arun Jaitley has inaugurated the Incredible India Tourism Investors Summit (IITIS)-2016 in New Delhi.
- Google has launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI) centric smart messaging app – Google Allo
- Mark Zuckerberg & his wife pledged $3 billion over the next decade to help banish or manage all diseases.
- Peter Leo Gerety, who had served as head Archdiocese of Newark for 12 years, passed away.
- Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala was conferred France’s prestigious Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) award.
- The govt has cleared the deal with France for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
- Union Minister Dr.Harsh Vardhan on the occasion of the 64th foundation day of Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute has launched the Ksheer Tester.
- Former India wicketkeeper MSK Prasad was appointed as the chief selector by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- The Adani Group has opened the world’s largest single location solar power plant in Tamil Nadu, which will produce 648MW of electricity.
- Tata Consultancy Services has been awarded the Gold rating certificate by EcoVadis.
- Rupee ends flat at 67.02 vs USD ahead of Fed meet outcome
- Delhi Golf club announces Rs 50 lakh in cash awards for Rio Olympics and Paralympics winners
- ICAR-CIFA, Bhubaneswar organized national training programme on “Advances in Fish Nutrition & Feed Technology
- PV Bharathi was recently appointed as the Executive Director (ED) of Canara Bank
Current affairs of 23rd September 2016
- Department of Commerce has extended support to certain new products and enhanced the rate of incentives for certain other specified products under the Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS).
- The Ministry of Shipping has proposed a new Model Concession Agreement (MCA) for the Port Sector.
- The ‘‘Pakistan State Sponsor of Terrorism Designation Act of 2016” designates Pakistan as a state sponsor of terrorism. It calls on the U.S. administration to provide a report on whether or not Pakistan qualifies as such under various U.S. laws.
- The Supreme Court has directed the Centre to constitute a Cauvery Water Management Board.
- IIT-M has come up with an idea to convert brackish water into drinking water at about 12 paisa per litre right on the kitchen table by using a potential difference of just 1.8 volts.
- Eminent artists Shri Paresh Maity and his wife, Smt. Jayasri Burman have commenced their stay in Rashtrapati Bhavan as Artists In-Residence.
- The ‘world’s largest solar power plant’ with an installed capacity of 648 MW has been commissioned at Kamudhi in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has released Vice President Hamid Ansari’s book ‘Citizen and Society’ at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters.
- Andhra Bank has entered into corporate agency agreements with Cigna TTK Company Ltd, and Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd for providing health and general insurance respectively, to its customers.
- The Centre has appointed Madhusudan Sahoo as chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- India’s High Commissioner to UK Navtej Sarna was appointed as Ambassador to the US.
- IOCL, GAIL sign MoU for taking equity stake in Dhamra LNG terminal
- Wipro acquires Chinese FMCG brand
- The 20th Edition of India International Seafood Show (IISS-2016) to be organised by the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) will be kick-started in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Afghanistan has signed a peace agreement with one of the country’s largest militant groups Hezb-e-Islami led by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
- Two Indian forest officials, Sanjay Dutta and Ritesh Sarothiya, have been selected for the 2016 Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards.
- Delhi will now have its own bravery awards and these awards will be given out on Independence Day and Republic Day every year
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed a contract with M/s DST, Germany to design vessels, especially suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of National Waterway-1 (NW-1)
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has landed a 99.7-million dollar contract from Vietnam Border Guard to design, construct and supply high-speed patrol vessels
- The United Planters’ Association of Southern India (UPASI) and the China Tea Marketing Association (CTMA) signed an MoU to work jointly towards sustainable development of the tea sector
- Government’s think-tank Niti Aayog has devised a short-term and medium-to-long term action plan to help India achieve 50 medals in 2024 summer Olympics
- Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan has made a return to parliament after winning 16 seats in the 130-member house.
- A global study on a range of health indicators has ranked India 143rd among 188 countries
- India will host New Zealand in the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group-1 first round tie from Feb 3-5.
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd-BPCL won the title of the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Cup Hockey Tournament.
Current Affairs Of 24th September 2016
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into five unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers. One of these Agreements has a rollback provision in it.
- The government will soon launch Mission Parivar Vikas to improve family planning services in seven states where the combined total fertility rate (TFR), or the number of children a woman has in her lifetime) constitutes 44% of the country’s population.
- Splits in Theresa May’s Cabinet Leave World Guessing On Brexit
- Fierce air strikes on Aleppo after Syrian army declares offensive
- Widened scope of MEIS at Rs 23500 crore to boost aqua exports, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal brace for mega clash to cash in on festive boom
- GE Healthcare to invest up to $50 million in start-up accelerator programme
- Ravi Shastri Voices Concerns About Proposed ‘Cooling Off’ Period at BCCI
- Western elitism has given rise to a dangerous assumption about developing nations and climate change
- The 8th edition of the Indo-Russia joint military exercise ‘Indra 2016’ was flagged off in Vladivostok in Russia.
- The Cabinet has approved a revised Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Cyprus that provides for source-based taxation of capital gains on transfer of shares instead of one based on residence.
- The PM, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the constitution of two committees for the commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
- Sanjiv Singh will be the new Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOC).
- Visaranai, the Tamil docu-drama crime thriller, has been chosen India’s official entry to Best Foreign Language Film category at the 89th Academy Awards to be held in 2017.
- Senior IAS officer Arun Goyal has been appointed as Additional Secretary in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council
- The Tamil Nadu government has allotted Rs 204 crore towards the implementation of the enhanced gold scheme under a marriage assistance programme
- The first-ever Jesse Owens Olympic Spirit Award-2016 will be posthumously bestowed to Olympic champion Muhammad Ali, who passed away on June 3, 2016.
- Hindi and Urdu writer Reoti Saran Sharma passes away
- The first-of-its-kind exhibition on childhood cancer awareness will be held at the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra from September 25 to 27, 2016.
- French company Alstom unveiled a zero-emission train powered by hydrogen at the InnoTrans trade fair in Berlin. The hydrogen train called the Coradia iLint will be running from Dec 2017 in Germany
- An Indian-American physician & author, Abraham Varghese has been presented with the National Humanities Medal by President Obama.
- Former petroleum secretary Vijay Kelkar has been elected president of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
- India were placed third in the latest ICC ODI rankings released in Dubai.
- Apple Inc has joined global renewable energy initiative RE100.
- Ftcash has tied up with ICICI Bank to launch Unified Payment Interface (UPI) for merchants
- The eighth edition of India-Russia Joint Military Exercise ‘INDRA-2016’ begun in Ussiriysk District in Vladivostok, Russia
Current affairs of 25th September 2016
- Madhya Pradesh passes GST Amendment Bill
- Sania Mirza-Barbora Strycova crowned women’s doubles champions at Pan Pacific Open
- Arun Goyal appointed Additional Secretary in GST Council
- Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi , Kolkata and Pune are the Indian cities that have made to the list of top 100 cities in the sixth annual Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index
- Govt appoints ICICI Prudential AMC to manage new CPSE ETF
- Mobile payments and loans start-up ftcash, backed by IvyCap Ventures, is the first fintech start-up to launch Unified Payment Interface (UPI) for merchants in association with ICICI Bank.
- Race Course Road renamed as Lok Kalyan Marg
- Chandigarh Administration and French Development Agency (AFD) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoUs) on Chandigarh Smart City Project and ‘Technical Cooperation’ in the field of Sustainable Urban Mobility.
- Rajasthan becomes the first state to adopt Centre’s Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) in all its urban local bodies (ULB). Almost 5 lakh conventional streetlights have been replaced with LED streetlights across the state.
- Lopamudra Raut makes india proud as she stands tall as the second runner-up at Miss United Continents 2016, which was held on 25th Sept, 2016 in Ecuador.
- The PM, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the formation of two committees for the commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
- China has built world’s largest radio telescope nicknamed Tianyan known as Heavenly Eye” or “The Eye of Heaven.
- India’s Pinky Balhara has won bronze medal in the sporting event of kurash at the 5th Asian Beach Games held at Da Nang, Vietnam. She won the medal in women’s 52kg category .
- Marathas In Nashik To Carry Out Silent March In Demand For Reservation
- Afghanistan govt signs draft peace deal with designated ‘terrorist’, first since 2001
- EU threatens to impose sanctions on Pakistan over human rights violations in Balochistan
- BMC chief sanctions interim policy for maintenance of open spaces in Mumbai
- DGCA may curb use of entire range of Samsung Galaxy Note smartphones on flights
- BlueStacks Now Lets You Stream Android Apps on Facebook Live
- President Obama has opened the National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington.
- Jeremy Corbyn has been re-elected as Labour leader,comfortably defeating his challenger Owen Smith.
- India would be hosting the BRICS Young Scientist Conclave 2016 as a coordinating country.
- The upcoming biopic “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story” on cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been declared tax-free in his home state Jharkhand.
- One of India’s biggest classical music extravaganzas, Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan has begun in 24 different cities across the country.
- Japan’s Aichi prefecture and its capital city Nagoya were confirmed as co-hosts of the 2026 Asian Games.
- India’s emerging player Velavan Senthilkumar bagged the Under-19 Asian Junior Individual squash championship title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Former Indian women’s hockey captain Ritu Rani has retired from international hockey.
- Apple Acquires AI Startup Tuplejump
- Maruti Suzuki India has announced crossing the milestone of 15 lakh vehicles in its cumulative exports.
Current Affairs of 26th September 2016
- The Tiger Squadron of the Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully fired the recently acquired BVR (Beyond Visual Range) air-to-air MICA missile on a target from an upgraded Mirage-2000 aircraft.
- The Centre has clarified that it is not considering any proposal to withdraw the ‘Most Favoured Nation’ (MFN) status accorded to Pakistan.
- ISRO has successfully launched PSLV-C-35 injecting India’s SCATSAT-1 in orbit.
- Pak court quashes Hafiz Saeed’s plea to raise Kashmir issue at international for a
- Jio charges mobile association with bias, wants charter overhauled
- Lenovo partners with Amazon, Yatra and HDFC Bank for variety of offers with the Z2 Plus
- Ex-Manchester United star Diego Forlan excited about ISL, targets play-offs with Mumbai City FC
- China’s ‘Heavenly Palace’ Tiangong-1 Space Station Crashing Back To Earth In 2017.
- Swiss voters have given a strong approval to a law on new surveillance powers for the intelligence agencies.
- Colombian President, Juan Manuel Santos, and Marxist rebel leader, Timochenko, will sign a deal ending a half-century war.
- India notched up a mammoth 197-run win in their historic 500th cricket Test at Kanpur, U.P
- The Indo-US Joint Military Training Exercise, Yudh Abhyas – 2016 is being conducted in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
- The minister of urban development, Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the nationwide observance of Swachh Bharat Week cleanliness drive at the Kozhikode railway station. The drive is launched to mark the birth centenary of Deen Dayal Upadhyay, which falls on September 25
- PM Modi has announced that India would ratify the Paris climate deal on Oct 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- US golfer Arnold Palmer, viewed as one of the greatest players in the sport’s history, has died
- Uttarakhand’s Ajay Singh was elected president of the Boxing Federation of India. Jay Kowli won the post of secretary-general in the new National federation.
- Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei won his sixth Yonex Open Japan Badminton title defeating third seed Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark.
- Indian Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest Indian & second overall to take 200 wickets in Tests Match.
- A three day Incredible India Tourism Investors’ Summit was organised by the Union Tourism ministry for the first time.
- The Board of Oil & Natural Gas Corp has approved signing of a preliminary agreement for buying a stake in Gujarat government firm GSPC’s KG basin gas block.
- Shri Anurag Srivastava, presently Ambassador of India to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti, with residence in Addis Ababa.
- The Hindu wins reader engagement awards
- India’s Squash player Velavan Senthilkumar defeat Jordan’s Mohammad Al-Sarraj to won the U-19 Asian Junior Individual squash championship title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Indian shuttler Rituparna Das won the Polish Open after defeating compatriot Rasika Raje, in the women’s singles final of the International challenge badminton event.
- The chairman of Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT), Justice (retd) S K Mahajan has passed away.
Current affairs of 27th September 2016
- The World Tourism Day (WTD) is being observed annually on 27th September to raise awareness about the importance of tourism with Theme for the World Tourism Day – “Tourism for all promoting universal accessibility’
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR is celebrating its platinum jubilee.
- Govt removes Sushil Muhnot as CMD of Bank of Maharashtra
- Vijay Kelkar elected president of Indian Statistical Institute
- Pakistan’s lower house of parliament has passed a landmark bill giving its small Hindu minority the right to register marriages.
- Veerappa Moily-led parliamentary panel to examine merger of budgets
- Tripura becomes 22nd state to ratifies the Constitutional Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates Krishi Unnati Mela in Mathura
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran has become only the second Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event as he clinched the men’s singles title of the Belgium Open.
- In view of the rising number of cases and reported deaths due to of Scrub Typhus in Himachal Pradesh, Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare had sought a detailed report from the State Government.
- The PMO has asked the Railways Ministry to follow the legislative route to set up an independent regulator for freight and passenger tariffs rather than push it through an executive order.
- Water-starved Marathwada receives excessive rains, farmers worry about crop loss
- Sensex tanks 374 pts after investors turn to US presidential debate
- US, South Korean missile destroyers in fresh show of force to North Korea
- Pakistan Air Force’s unmanned aerial vehicle crashes in Punjab province
- Google Home, Google Wifi, Chromecast Ultra Tipped to Launch at October 4 Event
- Qatar Airways participated in the Incredible India Tourism Investors’ Summit 2016 to reaffirm its commitment towards India’s tourism market.
- China plans to deploy its indigenously built drones for surveying and mapping in the disputed South China Sea and along the contentious islands with Japan.
- India’s largest pharmaceutical company, Sun Pharma has signed a deal with International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology to develop a dengue vaccine.
- The Madhya Pradesh government has started smart virtual classrooms, for students of classes 6, 7, and 8; in 224 government schools.
- Iran’s Defence Ministry launched the production line of home-grown ballistic missile of “Zolfaqar”.
- Uttar Pradesh and Bihar’s populations have the lowest median ages or youngest populations in India
- India took its campaign to diplomatically isolate Pakistan to the United Nations on Monday.
- Google celebrates its 18th birthday with an animated, festive-balloon Doodle today
- Arvind Mani made record in 200m backstroke on the third day of the 70th Glenmark National aquatics championship at the V.B.B. Stadium
- Sania Mirza continued at No.1 in the latest WTA women’s doubles ranking, following her recent victory in the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo with Barbora Strycova.
- The First BRICS U-17 Football Tournament will be held in Goa in October 2016
- A new species of a ground-dwelling lizard was recently discovered in Mumbai. The lizard is named after Varad Giri
- Union Government launched the media campaign for Swachh Bharat Mission. The campaign features actor Amitabh Bachchan and cricketer Sachin Tendulkar
- The Indo-US joint military exercise that concluded at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand is Yudh Abhyas
- Anurag Srivastava as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti
Current Affairs of 28th September 2016
- World Rabies Day has observed on 28 September 2016.
- India has climbed 16 places to the 39th rank on the Global Competitiveness Index released by the World Economic Forum while Switzerland tops the list for the 8th straight time
- The powerful typhoon Megi has recently hit island-nation Taiwan
- Cabinet approves MoU with Singapore for industrial property cooperation
- Project Saksham, a new indirect tax network of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The 16 trees located in Aravali and NCR to be notified as “protected” natural heritage, on the lines of recognising special monuments in Delhi, announced by Delhi Cabinet Minister Kapil Mishra.Some of the trees in the list are banyan, ailanthus, mango, arjuna, and ashok
- British woman, 26, becomes one of world’s youngest airline captains
- Tech giants Microsoft and Adobe has announced a major partnership to promote the use of each other’s cloud-computing tools among their mutual customers.
- Jim Yong Kim re-appointed as World Bank President
- The United States President Barack Obama has appointed its first Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis to Cuba in 55 years.
- Shimon Peres, former Israeli president, dies aged 93
- Uttam Singh to be honoured with ‘Lata Mangeshkar Award’
- Telangana ties up with ISRO for bandwidth to telecast coaching programmes
- IPS officer OP Singh taking over as the new Director General of CISF
- Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, during a recent meeting on the Economic and Technological Cooperation Agreement (ETCA), said that India will invest $2 billion in Sri Lanka in the next three-four years. The Minister also called on Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to discuss the terms of the agreement.
- Indian Ocean, Banyan Tree, Kite and Starburst are the five symbols included in the Official Emblem for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India unveiled recently
- Indira Gandhi International Airport became the first in the Asia-Pacific region to achieve the Carbon Neutrality status by Airport Carbon Accreditation
- World Health Organization (WHO) on 27 September 2016 released its report on pollution, which is extremely worrying with a claim that 92 percent of the world’s population lives in places where air quality levels exceed WHO limits
- Kerala Youth Congress workers kill eight stray dogs in gory protest against Maneka Gandhi
- At Least 17 Civilians Killed In ISIS Bombings In Baghdad
- Reliance Jio Hits Back At Airtel, Says 1.6 Crore Calls Still Failing Everyday
- Facebook asked to delete WhatsApp user data in Germany over data protection law infringement
- Gautam Gambhir returns to India Test squad after two years, KL Rahul ruled out of New Zealand series
- Champions League preview: Leicester City host FC Porto for first-ever European home fixture
- Shale gas from the U.S. arrived on the shores of the U.K. for the first time.
- Syed Shamsul Haq, one of Bangladesh’s best-known writers has passed away.
- The royal city of Mysuru has been crowned the “first city free of open defecation” in the country.
- India will not take part in 19th SAARC summit scheduled to be held in Islamabad in Nov.
- Indian NGO Slum Soccer won the inaugural FIFA Diversity Award.
Current Affairs of 29th September 2016
- World Heart Day is being observed annually on 29 September across the world.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched in the state of Jammu & Kashmir at Srinagar by Hon’ble Chief Minister of J&K Mehbooba Mufti.
- World Maritime Day is observed across the world on 29 September.
- Indian women’s kabaddi team wins gold in Asian Beach Games
- WHO declares Region of the Americas as Measles free
- Rosatom, Russian state nuclear agency, and Cuba’s Ministry of Science on 27 September 2016 signed an agreement on cooperation in the field of peaceful atomic energy use
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has inked a memorandum of understanding with Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company for distribution of mutual fund products.
- Former Australian cricketer Max Walker, whose awkward and unorthodox bowling action earned him the nickname ‘Tangles’, passed away.
- IWAI inks 3 MoUs with DCI and MPT for inland water transport
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of an Undertaking between India and Korea on Mutual Recognition of Certificates.
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore have developed a handheld melamine detector. With this detecting melamine in milk is expected to become easy, quick and inexpensive.
- Turkish minister says 32000 people arrested since failed military coup
- SC asks Sahara to deposit another Rs 200 cr, extends Roy’s parole
- Jio says COAI’s ‘back door operator’ remark contempt of court
- OnePlus X Finally Gets Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow With OxygenOS 3.1.2 Update
- The Union Government on 28 September 2016 approved assistance of 1269 crore rupees for drought affected Maharashtra
- The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity (NEA), Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang
- The two-day national conference on Prison Reforms will be held in New Delhi
- China will build the world’s deepest & largest high-speed railway station at a popular section of the country’s Great Wall.The station will be at Badaling, the most visited section of the Great Wall
- India’s financial capital Mumbai, home to 45,000 millionaires & 28 billionaires, is the wealthiest city in the country with total wealth of $820 billion.
- Bank of India has cut the base or the minimum lending rate by 0.05% to 9.65% with effect from 30 Sept.
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for the Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) 2003 & VPBY 2014.
- The Cabinet has given its nod for a strategic sale of sick public sector firm Bharat Pumps and Compressors.
Current affairs of 30th September 2016
- A Trilateral meeting was recently held between India, Afghanistan and Iran to take Chabahar agreement further
- India has carried out surgical strikes targeting “launch pads” for terrorists across the Line of Control (LoC).
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board has completed the twelfth and final review of Pakistan’s three-year economic reform program supported by an Extended Fund Facility (EFF) arrangement.
- loses $7 bn. by avoiding India goods
- Airports Authority of India’s Tirupati Airport has been awarded as “Best Tourist Friendly Airport” under the category for “State Annual Excellence Awards for the year 2015-16” by Andhra Pradesh Tourism
- The International Translation Day is being observed on 30 September across the world with the theme “Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds
- Riyadh Mathew is new PTI Chairman
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of retired IAS officer Shakti Sinha to the post of director, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
- Telugu author and eminent scholar Prof Kolakaluri Enoch was honoured with the 29th Moortidevi Award 2015 for his novel Ananta Jeevanam.
- Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft, have joined hands to announce a historic partnership on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
- The world’s first child with genes from three people was born to a Jordanian couple in Mexico.
- Javelin thrower Annu Rani broke her own national record and in the process became the first Indian woman to cross the 60m mark on the third and penultimate day of the 56th Open National Athletics Championships in Lucknow.
- Bangladeshi author Syed Shamsul Haq passed away in Dhaka. He was 81.
- Saudi Arabia has warned of disastrous consequences from a US law allowing 9/11 victims to sue the kingdom for damages.
- A nearly 1,000-year-old wooden pagoda in China’s northern Shanxi province, has been declared the world’s tallest wooden pagoda by the Guinness World Records.
- Indonesia volcano erupted at Mount Barujari in Lombok island.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has flagged off the all-women Mt Gorichen Expedition.
- PM Shri Modi inaugurated the INDOSAN (India Sanitation Conference) in New Delhi.
- Manohar Parrikar inaugurated the 35th Coast Guard Commanders Conference at New Delhi
- Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has launched Progress Panchayat in Mewat district of Haryana.
- R Sreenivasulu has been selected as the Chairman and Managing Director of Scooters India under the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
- International Monetary Fund, IMF, has said India is embarking on significant reforms and will grow at more than 7 per cent.
- HCL & IBM have entered into a 15-year partnership for automation, development & operations.
- MoneyTap has launched India’s first app-based “Credit Line”, enabling consumers to get instant credit from partner banks at the tap of a button.
- The former Wipro employee Dipanjan Basu appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of online fashion portal Myntra
- The sportsperson Sakshi Malik appointed as the ambassador of Nissan’s newly-launched car Datsun redi-Go Sport
- The Hooghly district of West Bengal was declared as an open-defecation free (ODF) district in September 2016
- Patna High Court quashed Bihar government notification completely banning liquor in the state by saying that the notification is Ultra Vires to the Constitution
- West Bengal govt has decided to install monorail from Budge Budge in South 24-Parganas to Ruby Connector in Kolkata.