Group Exercises / Case Studies at SIBM: 5 mins to think and 10 mins to discuss
1. There was a case given about a medical company which has issues in the field of marketing, finance, operations and HR. We were suppossed to discuss the possible solutions to these problems and were also provided with sketch pens, chart papers to document our solution. The time given was 5+ 10 mins( 5 mins to read and think, 10 mins to discuss). We had a group of 6 people and the discussion went extremely well with all the aspects being covered and everybody was accommodate of each other’s views.
2. We were given case study based on a business situation and the issues that the business is facing and then we had to develop and give solutions in the area of HR, Marketing, Operations and Finance.The business case was quite comprehensible. Tips for GD: Avoid fish markets at all costs and when you are giving a GD,take everyone’s perspectives and give relevant points.The final answer to a question does not matter.The approach matters.
3. We were given a case to discuss and based on our discussion, we had to come up with a solution, dividing our suggestions into Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, and Operations. We were provided with a chart paper and had to jot down the points. The total time allocated was 20 minutes(in which we had to document the suggestions in the last 5 minutes). In the WAT, I was given an article from the Washington Post on a Mass Shooting in the USA, and had to summarise it within 100 words, while providing 5 hashtags. The time allocated to this was 10 minutes.
4. We were given a case “Manish is a marketing executive with the company for the last 6 years. Though not an MBA, he was still hired for the job due to his sharp acumen. In the years to follow, with an increasing mumber of MBA’s joining the company, he was denied promotion last year. This caused bouts of deep depression, from which he recovered after two months. After that, he has been complacent in his work and sometimes even rude to the customers. In a desperate cost-cutting measure, your company decides that it must reduce the workforce. You, as a group, have to decide weather to sack him or not?”
5. Our case was on HR. You are HR of an organisation, Employees of your organisation are not happy find a plan to turn around the Human Capital Index of your organisation.
WAT Summary at SIBM: 100 Words 10 mins to summarize and give 5 Hashtags
- I was given an article from the Washington Post on a Mass Shooting in the USA
- I was given an article on Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United State.
- It’s disturbing how fake news pretty much ruled the Internet on multiple occasions.
- This year wasn’t a very spectacular year for the Indian hockey, both men and women’s teams gave mediocre performances that saw them end with sixth and 10th World Rankings respectively.
- Gorakhpur tragedy where dozens of children died,
Interview questions: Relaxed interview
- Tell me something about yourself
- Why did you leave your job?
- What did you learn at your job?
- Why MBA?
- Which specialisation do you intend to take up?
- What is the biggest challenge that you have faced in your life?
- What is your family background?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- l-2 current affair questions on the budget and NPA.
They asked me the common question : Tell me about yourself. Then they asked general questions like : Why MBA? Why HR? Why SIBM Pune?Why not SCMHRD since you are taking up HR?(I was very clear I was going to do HR from the start,however that might not be the case with you and that is okay;just prepare your “Why MBA” question well). Then they came to the answers I had written in the form for GD-PI like “What does HR Generalist do?”( I had mentioned that in my form) etc.Then they started asking questions about my family and me; so basically they just wanted to know more about me and my personality.
Student 3: I was normal interviews questions were asked like (introduce yourself , why mba , biggest failure, books i have read etc)
sibm interview experience ,
how to prepare for gd pi of symbiosis ,
scmhrd interview experience ,
SIBM Wat topics ,
sibm pune gd pi experience ,
sibm pune ,
sibm interview experience ,
Group exercise at SIBM ,