Verbal Ability + Reading Comprehension
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
Important areas: Vocab, Fill in the blanks and Speed in RC.
- This section bordered between easy to moderate and will be quite similar to NMAT last year paper pattern.
- Speed in Verbal section key to crack NMAT 2015
- There were a total of four Parajumbles.
- two to three Reading Comprehensions of 350 word each with four questions.
- A correct attempt of 25 – 28 questions can be termed a good score.
Important topics and tentative breakup of marks…..
|Fill in blanks||10|
NMIMS Selection process consists of two stages and has three components. Based on the performance in the NMAT examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Duration of the NMAT written Test will be 120 Minutes and comprises of questions from following sections. Given below is the section-wise breakup of the NMAT paper along with the individual cut-offs of the respective sections:
|Sr . No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration||Cut-off|
|1||Language Skills||32||22 Minutes||55|
|2||Quantitative Skills||48||60 Minutes||71|
|3||Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes||61|
Important 5 Points to be remembered by the students:
- Students need to clear sectional as well as overall cut-off to qualify for GD/PI.
- No negative marking is there
- NMAT is more of a speed-based test rather than a test of knowledge. Candidates need to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes. Each section is timed (Details given in the table above)
- Each question carries three marks.
- Work experience in executive/management capacity will be preferred while shortlisting of candidates for GD/PI.