XLRI is the core management institute for which the XAT is conducted on account of XAMI. It will be held on January 03, 2016. There will be only one slot.
The history of XAT has exceeded six decades. It has come to select some of the very capable candidates for admission to XLRI, Other than that, there are more than 100 management bodies which accept the XAT score.
The programmes offered by XLRI are listed below. XAT is the key entrance for all of them.
- a) 2 years Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM)
- b) 1 year General management Programme
- c) 4 year Fellow Programme in Management
Following will be asked in the exam –
* Part 1: Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making:-
Conditions and Grouping Test
Data Arrangement Test: – Complex Arrangement
Logical Ability (Case lets)
Verbal Ability – English Grammar-based questions
* Part 2:
English Proficiency: – Analogy, Fill in the Blanks, Para jumble, Cloze Test
*Part 3: Logical Reasoning: –
Fact Inference Judgment, Passage Conclusion, Statement Argument
* Part 4: – Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability:-
Data Interpretation: – Case lets, Table Chart
Quantitative Ability :-
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic:- Number System, Ratio and Proportion
- Additional Topic in Arithmetic: – Problems on Trains, Clock and Calendar, Mixtures and Allegation
- Unitary Method :- Time and Distance
- Commercial Maths :- Profit and Loss, Interest
- Geometry:- Triangles, Circles
- Algebra:- Permutation and Combinations, Sequence And Series
- Trigonometry – Heights and Distance
- Linear Programming
- Coordinate Geometry:- Cartesian Plane and lines
Are you eligible?
Definitely. If you have completed your degree and the whole education span is equal to or more than 10+2+3 years, you qualify to take this exam. Those who are waiting for the final year graduation results are also welcomed.
The Management institutes which go by the XAT marks are –
Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur
Xavier Institute of Management (XIM) Bhubaneswar
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) Bangalore
Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Ranchi
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa, BIMTECH Greater Noida
BULMIM New Delhi
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Management &Research, Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies (XIDAS) Jabalpur
Jaipuria Institutes of Management
Gitam Institute of Management, Vishakhapatnam
XAT is one of the prestigious exams for getting through the premium B-school like XLRI. In fact, the above-mentioned institutes are also prospective in fetching a great management career.
ALL THE BEST.