XAT GK questions must do 2016
Its not that easy to grasp whats happening in this fast moving big universe, so it’s not east to stay updated with all the latest affairs all the time. We need to make a serious plan of action to prepare it accordingly; otherwise XAT GK will be tough task to break for sure.
XAT “Current Affairs” “General Awareness” and “General Knowledge” cover millions of topics like from awards to economy to sports or education to politics, or even technology to industry specific like automobiles. Every day some thing or the other issues are happening in the world around us. So its a good plan to prepare current affairs and GK so that we can maximise our scores.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR XAT GK:
First thing student should do is going through the old actual GK question papers of XAT (at least last three years), that should give you a fair idea and a pattern on what questions are asked directly or indirectly from. So that I can start preparing for the XAT GK keeping that in mind.
The next question that comes to students mind is where to read and how much to read …
• It depends on how much time you have for the exam. If no time left than Cetking’s Gk40 program is enough. If you have enough time starting with newspaper is enough.
• Most of the teachers recommend going through year book for improving GK but that wont be possible in the given time frame you have
• You might have seen some coaching “Sirs” advising that you must-read Hindu and Economic Times (ET). I think, this is an overkill. You don’t have to become a share market expert. If there is some really good columnist in ET, then following him is excellent, but you don’t have to go through two or three “Whole” newspaper per day.
Lets take a XAT GK questions test to know where you stand in XAT GK 2016
00 – 05 correct – Poor score
05 – 10 correct – Average score
10 – 15 correct – Good Score
15 plus correct – Excellent
1. How many Indian cities were surveyed for the Swachh Bharat rankings of cleanest cities released recently?
2. Which Indian team has qualified for Olympics after a gap of 36 years?
a. Women’s Football team
b. Men’s Volleyball team
c. Women’s Hockey team
d. Men’s Basketball team
3. LAPAN A2/Orari is a multi-spectral remote sensing satellite to be launched by India belongs to which country?
4. AapkaBhala, SabkaBhala is the slogan of which of the following banks?
a. Union Bank
b. Central Bank of India
c. Bandhan Bank
d. Axis Bank
5. With which of the following countries will India be playing cricket series for the Freedom Trophy?
a. New Zealand
d. South Africa
6. which one is the capital city of Australia?
7. .Tintu Luka is related to which of the following sports?
8. Which of the following country is providing fund for Kolkata’s Climate Action Programme to make Kolkata as a low carbon city?
9. The Onam festival is celebrated to commemorate the Vamanaavatara of Vishnu. The Vamanavatara was Vishnu’s
a. Third Avatara
b. Second Avatara
c. Fifth Avatara
d. Sixth Avatara
10. Which of the following countries has been officially declared as Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus free country, i.e. mothers and newborns are free from tetanus at the time of birth by World Health Organisation
c. Sri Lanka
11. Which of the following war has observed its 50th anniversary recently?
a. India-Bangladesh War
b. India-China War
c. India-Pakistan War
d. India-Burmese War
12. As per National Crime Records Bureau which of the following states has highest crime rate in 2014 under the Indian Penal Code
13. The mixture of two or more metals is called:
b.None of the above
14. Englishman to have given all the information about the “Black-Hole Episode” in a single-sided manner?
b..None of these.
15. Religious practice of Santhara is related with which community ad recently approved by the Supreme Court of India
16. What is the local name of Mohenjodaro?
a. Mound of the Alive
b.Mound of the Kings
c..Mound of the Dead.
d.Mound of the Soldiers
17. .Which of the following State Government has acquired the London house of Dr. B.R Ambedkar for 3.1 million pound?
a. Madhya Pradesh
18. Which spacecraft of NASA has found the presence of Neon gas in Moon’s atmosphere?
19. Where the International India Sea Food show is going to get organized by the Ministry of Commerce?
a.Vasco da Gama
20. Who has been appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF to promote early childhood development?
a. Roger Federer
b. Novak Djokovic
d. Andy Murray
21. Funny bone is a bone which gives a funny feeling u get after u hit it, is located in……..
22. Identify the scheme that was not part of the three schemes launched by Prime Minister NarendraModi on 25 June 2015 aimed at developing urban infrastructure?
a.Housing for all(urban)
23. Who will collaborate with the world body to call on men and boys to stand up against inequalities against women and girls, thereby ending the discrimination and violence against them for the gender equality?
24. Super Express Way mega project will connect which two cities of Maharashta?
a. Mumbai & Amravati
b. Mumbai & Pune
c. Mumbai & Nagpur
d. Nasik & Nagpur
25. Name the First Governor General of INDIA?
a. Warren Hastings
b. Sir John Macpherson
c. Lord William Bentinck
d. Sir Charles Metcalfe
Answers to XAT GK questions