XAT GK tips how to crack GK questions
Following tips will help you crack XAT GK section easily
• Solve atleast 3 last year papers of XAT to know what kind of questions are coming in XAT GK section and syllabus of XAT GK
• Keep yourself updated with the current happening by reading newspapers, watching news on television, reading current affairs books etc.
• Do not concentrate on only 1-2 topics when preparing for XAT GK. Preparation in terms of news should be covered from all aspects such as politics, sports, entertainment, awards etc.
• Spend at least 1-2 hours every day in practicing question based on XAT GK. Practice will help you develop the skills to tackle such problems in an effective manner.
• Try to practice as many free online test for general knowledge you can manage. Neglecting this section can affect your overall performance.
• Complete all Cetking’s GK40 sessions
• As there is no pre-defined syllabus for XAT GK section, you need to brush up regularly whatever you have read.
Lets take a small test to know how you stand as of now in your XAT GK preparation.
If you score 00 – 05 = poor score
If you score 05 – 10 = poor score
If you score 10 – 15 = poor score
If you score 15+ = poor score
1. Which among the following companies is the world’s largest personal computer maker?
2. Which of the following EU members has “Euro” as its currency?
3. Which corporate organization has been ranked as the “best place to work” in a survey conducted by Business world?
A. GE Capital India
B. Texas Instruments India
C. ICICI Bank
D. Sahara Airlines
4. Which of the following country launched its first typhoon detecting rocket?
5. Which company owns the brand “Colour Plus”?
A. Arvind Mills
C. Bombay Dyeing
6. World Habitat Day has been observed on which day?
A. October 5th 2015
B. October 6th 2015
C. October 7th 2015
D. October 8th 2015
7. Name the first Indian Woman to climb the Kun Mountain in Zanskar range of Himalayas?
A. Rani Ghalawat
C. G R Radhika
8. Dawki is an integrated Check Post between
A. India & Nepal border
B. India & Myanmar
C. India & Bangladesh
D. India & Pakistan
9. The World Bank in October 2015 raised the international poverty line to————US dollars per day from the existing 1.25 US dollars.
A. $ 1.25
B. $ 1.50
C. $ 1.70
D. $ 1.90
10. ———————- on 5 October 2015 permitted terminally ill patients to legally end their lives under a doctor’s supervision. State governor signed the Right to Die bill into law.
11. TakaakiKajita and Arthur B MacDonald have been jointly awarded Nobel prize for Physics for their discovery that shows neutrinos have mass.Name the countries they belong to?
A. Japan and Myanmar
B. South Korea and China
C. Japan and US
D. Russia and Germany
12. Portrait and Landscape are ..
A. Paper Size
B. Page Layout
C. Page Orientation
D. All of the above
13. Which parliamentary committee in India is normally chaired by a prominent member of the Opposition?
A. Committee on Government Assurances
B. Estimates Committee
D. Public Accounts Committee
14. The technology that used in KISAN project which was launched by Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, the Minister of State for agriculture and Farmer’s welfare?
A. Space technology and Geoinformatics
B. Vertical farming
C. Agricultural Robot
D. Precision agriculture
15. How many persons have been awarded Nobel prize for Medicine 2015 ?
16. Who is the winner of the Malaysia Open title which was held at Kuala Lumpur?
A. Roger Federer
C. Andy Murray
D. David Ferrer
17. Which country has launched its communication satellite named “Sky Muster” to help increase the BroadBand speed
18. Which freedom fighter’s birth anniversary is celebrated on October 4th?
B. Bipin Chandra Pal
D. Shyamaji Krishna Varma
19. Which of the following organisations has established the world’s highest terrestrial centre at 17600 feet above sea level.Thecentre will serve as a natural cold storage for preserving rare and endangered medical plants for generations to come.
D. US ARMY
20. Which state launched a Citizen portal which enables the citizens to lodge their complaints to the state police through internet?
21. CORPAT Coordinated Patrol Bilateral Maritime Exercise is scheduled from 17 October to 18 October 2015 in the Andaman Sea between India and ———————
C. Sri Lanka
22. By how much percent has India pledged to cut GHGs emission by 2020?
23. Which country’s flag has been hoisted at the United Nations without being that country as the member of UN which is never done before for a non – member state?
A. Vatican City
24. The Indian magician who has been conferred the Merlin Award popularly known as the Oscar of the magic
C. Ashok Bhandari
25. Adani Ports and Larsen & Toubro inked a pact to oversee operations of Kattupalli Port in which indian state
B. Tamil Nadu
C. Andhra Pradesh
ANSWER KEY :