Summary:Last date to apply – 24 December
Written test accepted: CAT XAT GMAT
Followed by CnPI communication skills test and PI
50% in graduation eligibility
Cutoffs: CAT 93% (expected for ghaziabad campus)
XAT cutoff 90%ile
Ghaziabad 480 pgdm
Nagpur 360 pgdm
FAQs for IMT
(For PGDM 2 yrs Full-Time and MBA Program IMT Dubai)
1. If I choose to submit more than one type of score (example CAT plus XAT) will I be required to pay double?
No. You only have to pay Rs 1750 for the application fee. You have to enter one test (Roll No/ID) compulsorily and then have the option of submitting other test scores as well. The best score among the submitted score will be considered.
2. What factors are considered in short-listing applicants for interview?
For IMT Ghaziabad, applicants are short-listed for interviews based on one of the following admitted scores: CAT 2014, XAT 2015 or valid GMAT scores. GMAT scores (1st January 2011 – 31 December 2014).
For IMT Nagpur & Hyderabad applicants are short-listed for interviews based on one of the following admitted scores: CAT 2014, XAT 2015, CMAT (Second Test Conducted in February 2014)/ CMAT 2014 (First Test Conducted in September 2014) or valid GMAT scores.
3. Are there any sectional cut-offs while short listing for interviews?
IMT considers the aggregate scores and doesn’t have separate sectional cut-offs when short-listing applicants.
4. What are the different factors considered in making a final offer?
The following factors are considered in making a final offer: academic record, performance during the communication test, personal interview round and work-experience.
5. Is there one common application form for all campuses? Do I have to individually list the campuses I am interested in?
There is one common application form for the four campuses – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai. In the online application form, you need to mention your campus preference. At least two campuses have to be mentioned or maximum of all campus preferences can be entered. At the time of final offering you will be informed about the campus you are selected for.
6. How to convert CGPA into percentage?
1. Please follow your university/institution stated rule for conversion of CGPA into percentage.
2. In case your university/institution does not have any scheme or rule to convert CGPA into percentage, the same can be done by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
7. How to calculate percentage in 10th and 12th standard?
Mention aggregate percentage of marks for all subjects (including optional subjects) irrespective of your Board regulations.
For example, if you have studied 7 subjects INCLUDING optional subjects, all 7 subjects must be taken into consideration irrespective of your board rules and regulations.
8. When will I be asked about my preferences for Campuses and Programs?
You have to enter the Campus and Program preferences at the time of online application.
9. How do we submit copies of CAT, XAT, CMAT and GMAT score?
CAT 2014 and XAT 2015 scores are automatically provided to IMT.
For GMAT score you will have to provide official GMAT score through GMAC on or before January 10, 2015.
For CMAT score you will be able to update through IMT Admissions Portal on or before December 31st, 2014.
10. What program name a candidate should give the program code / program name / School name for providing official GMAT score to IMT?
Candidate can search by PGDM Program IMT Ghaziabad at the time of application to GMAT.
11. How do we provide official GMAT score to IMT?
Standard guidelines for acceptance of Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT®) score report are given as under:
At the time of appearing for the GMAT exam, prior to starting the test, you will have the option of selecting the program(s)* of your choicewhere you can send your GMAT score free of cost.
The program(s)can be selected using a drop down menu or by typing out the name of the program and the school name in the space provided (the system will bring up program names that correspond to what you have typed). In case you already possess a valid GMAT score and would like to send the same for admission to our program(s), please follow these steps:
1. Visit www.mba.com
2. Under the section ‘The GMAT’, click on sub section ‘GMAT Scores & Score Reports’. Then select the option ‘Sending your score to schools’
3. Login through your GMAT ID and select the program where you would like to send your score
4. A fee of USD $28 is charged for this service and your score will be sent electronically and securely to the school’s representative through the GMAT score reporting website within 15 working days
Please note that only electronic GMAT score reports will be accepted.
*At the time of appearing for the GMAT, a candidate can apply to any 5 programs free of cost.
12. How do I know which scores to submit?
You can choose to submit more than one score. IMT will choose the best score before giving out the admission offer.
13. What are the specializations being offered at IMT Ghaziabad/ Nagpur/ Hyderabad/ Dubai?
Please refer to the website of each campus as below:
14. How many students will be admitted in 2015?
IMT Ghaziabad has approval of 480 seats in PGDM and 180 in Dual Country PGDM, IMT Nagpur has approval of 360 seats in PGDM and IMT Hyderabad has approval of 240 seats in PGDM.
15. At this point in time do I need to send my academic transcripts/documents?
No. At this point in time you are not required to send/mail/upload your academic transcript/documents. Only those applicants who are paying by DD need to affix their passport-size photo to the tear-off sheet and send it to address mentioned on it along-with DD.
16. At this point in time, am I supposed to mail my application form to IMT?
Only those applicants who are making the application fee payment through DD are required to post the ‘tear-off’ sheet to IMT along-with DD. Those applicants, who are directly making the payment online, are not required to mail the application separately.
17. If I make payment online, do I have to send IMT anything afterward?
No. Once your online payment goes through and your ‘Application Number’ is generated, your application is considered complete. You do not have to post/email anything to IMT.
18. What if I don’t get a confirmation email within 24 hours of completing my application?
In case you do not receive a confirmation email on completing the online application, you can still log on to the ‘Admissions Portal’, which will have the updated status on your application.
– Login on IMT Admissions Portal: http://www.imt.edu/admit2015
– Login id: Your IMT Application Number
– Password: Same as entered earlier during application process.
19. When will my application status get updated on the link?
When you make the online payment, the application status gets updated immediately. For those choosing to send a DD with the tear-off sheet, the application status is updated once the DD is received at the IMT admissions office.
20. Can I fill more than one application and appear more than one time in selection process?
No, you can not appear more than one time in selection process. It will be deemed as a fraudulent activity if one attempts to appear more than once. To ensure this your Identification document will be checked at the time of Communication and Personal Interview Process (CnPI) and your final joining in IMT Campus.
21. If I have made any mistake(s) while applying at IMT, Can I make changes later to rectify?
You can edit your application by logging in to IMT Admissions Portal as explained in item No 18 above. You won’t be able to edit the name of candidate. Editing facility on application would be available for limited period only.
22. Why Identification Document details are required?
Identification document details are needed in order to verify the applicants as well as prevent fraudulent activities. The identification of candidate will be done through Identification document during the admission process. Candidate has to provide any one identification document details of the following. The ONLY ID proof/s which are accepted by IMT are:
1. PAN Card
3. Valid Driving License
4. Voter’s ID card
5. Aadhar Card
The above has to be of the applicant who is applying to IMT. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ID PROOF OF PARENTS, RELATIVES, and SIBLINGS etc. in any stage of the admissions process
23. Does IMT have links with banks for student loans?
Yes. Currently we have links with Oriental Bank of Commerce and HDFC Credila. Applicants need to visit the branches of these banks directly with Admissions offer letters (if offered admissions in any campus of IMT) to avail the loan facilities.
24. When will the interview shortlist be out?
First week of February 2015